Temporary Distortions
Hi, Ever since i got TVheadend on ubuntu server and the plugin on xbmcbuntu Eden, I have had constant distortions every 30 mins or so for about a minute (on every channel I have cam across). It would be accompanied by disturbing squeak sounds and blocky / pixelation, it would also Pause / Buff etc. etc. My adapter is HVR-1700 which is supposedly well supported in linux, I also have a GB lan which streams 14GB HD files flawlessly, so i can rule that out. Only today i decided to use the coaxial cable running from the tv (which never showed these symptoms) to the pci-e card, as i thought maybe the other cable was dodgy. But this turned out to be false. I have run out off ideas, and although i am tempted to test with another backend software like mythtv, it is something i would like to avoid for the time being.

Here is a link to the output from Tvheadend http://pastebin.com/dHSSyKEi

Also to note: Under Adapter->Multiplexes every thing shows 100% quality. BUT if i did Monitor signal quality, It would slowly degrade to 0% and also caused issues in trying too access the channels...

EDIT: Also forgot too mention which is kind of off topic, but while i had vaapi enabled, xbmc would crash and restart after these symptoms had arisen, which left me too no choice but to turn off vaapi (this in itself is annoying considering HD movies wont work without it) and use software rendering. I also couldn't use a patched version off vaapi that was discussed somewhere that I cant remember as it wouldn't allow de-interlacing which was really needed aswell....

For now any help for any off these will be great, thanks
Well I just attempted MythTV too just get nothing but a headache. Please anyone help with this? It is really really disturbing and makes the pvr experience unwatchable.
If it's an issue that is happening directly in Tvheadend then it would be best to report it to the Tvheadend forums. You'll get more Tvheadend devs and experts there, where this sub forum is just focused on tvheadend in context to XBMC (set up, features, etc).
Cheerz, I think i had a dev from there reply to another question here before, but i'll give it a shot there, Didn't really want too sign up too another forum just for 1 issue.
well that was a no go, after trying to register on a couple off browsers... I get
Quote:There was an error with the recaptcha code below. Please re-enter the code and click submit.
Yet there is no captcha displayed Huh
Nevermind, Too anyone else trying too register. Its a security issue as the browsers would be interpretating it as cross-site-scripting. In chrome click the shield in the bar, in other browsers there should be something similar.
@edhen, yeah I pop along here as often as I can. However as was pointed out, stuff that specifically in TVH (rather than in the interface between TVH and XBMC) is probably better dealt with on redmine. I tend to get alerts from redmine, so even if I don't reply immediately I'm usually aware of what is being discussed there.

As for the specific issue, I'm not sure what the problem is. But it does actually sound a bit like an XBMC playback issue. Have you tried recording in TVH and then playing the recordings back in XBMC and another player (e.g. VLC) just to see what happens.

Adam

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Temporary Distortions0