Script failed messages using Apple TV overseas
Hi all,

Having issues using XBMC in Qatar. Just used it in the UK all week without any problems, most sources work perfectly - particularly putlocker and sockshare.

However, when I use it in Qatar I cannot get ANY putlocker or sockshare sources to work - it doesn't even try to load them, all I get are script failed messages. Other sources hardly work either, and when they do they spend most of the time buffering.

The internet out here isn't great but it should be good enough to play standard definition TV shows. The issue must lie in my location, why else would everything work perfectly in the UK? Is there any way I can VPN XBMC so that it thinks I'm somewhere other than Qatar?

Thanks
Welcome to the XBMC forums.

Geo-blocking perhaps?
That's most likely what it is. But how do I get around it?
Move to another country Big Grin
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Ha, that would work. Set up a good VPN if you're going to be there for a while. You'll most likely find that Skype and other communication protocols are blocked too.

If I have helped you in any way, please forgive me, it was entirely accidental.
I'm using a VPN but how do I get XBMC to think I'm in the UK or US.
You'll need to proxy to the VPN in network settings. At work so I can't give any extra info right now. Remember your speed will be entirely limited by your VPN.

If I have helped you in any way, please forgive me, it was entirely accidental.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Script failed messages using Apple TV overseas0