What should be XBMC's default skin
(gamester17 @ feb. 13 2004,11:52 Wrote:we cannot use ms media center/mediacenter/dell media experience as deafult or even host those as they are copywrited
(a default skin and any skin we host must be 100% legal, and not contain any ripped icons/pictures that are copywritted!Wink
so heh, why are they even in the poll?!?!

btw, i voted early too, project mayhem kicks ass!!!
where can i get those skins that arent in allxboxskins.com ,like project mayhem,blackblue and dell
i'm with gamester17 - the use of ripped skins/images from other s/w isn't on, and really undermines the originality of xbmp/xbmc. can we assume therefore that the control panel of xbmp (ripped from windows media player) will change?

as for a default skin, wouldn't it make sense to first decide the results of the logo competition, then build a new skin based on that?
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
i gotta say thay blackblue is my favorite. i like the idea of the media centre style ones but they don't have the professional look about them that blackblue has.

they are all good in there own right though, keep up the great work..
i vote "mediacenter", since it's 'light and 'clean' and would prob. appeal to most? :d

(but come to think about it, it needs a small change:

the text of the playing file is colored orange which renders it almost unreadable on the blue background, and totally so when also being selected in green. any redish color, like orange on a blue blue or green background is probably the harderst combination of colors to read, even on paper, let alone on a screen. hmmm...perhaps i should post this in "bugs reports", perhaps? or "feature requests"?)
/mosax :) ...likes xbmc
love project mayhem!
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
if they can't be our default skin, then why did frodo ask us? doesn't he run this show?
mediacenter2004 cause it looks pretty much real Smile

as for the gui being a rip off of wmce i dont really care because its a great gui and works well
don't get me wrong i love the ms media center/mediacenter/dell skins as they appeal to the majority of people as default skin should, but the fact remain that we cannot host or distribute a such skin on our site as it might be copywrited and thus illegal, we can't break the law.

...however believe look-a-like clones are ok to use as long as not rips or modified rips, a similarity clone must be made from scratch
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
(gazbro @ feb. 13 2004,15:09 Wrote:where can i get those skins that arent in allxboxskins.com ,like project mayhem,blackblue and dell
i dont think the dell one exists yet. am i wrong?
i think blackblue should be considered heavily. leonardo has done a great job with this skin.
Kodi v17.6 on Asustor NAS
Kodi v17.6 on Fire Stick v2
why blackblue?

because it´s a clean, nice, and friendly skin.
easy for the most people to recognize with.

i don´t think the "coolest" is what should
be the default.
think of all people that can´t all this tech stuff
and is just using their x-box for film and maybe game pleasure.

it should be a skin like blackblue.

/akira

and many thanx to you guys, for a player that gets better and better for every new release.
hi-fi skin ofcoarse duhhh. uncle just loose the signature on the background. thats not cool. we all know you made it so...

Smile
real_men_don't_need_spacebars.
i dont mind the sig. it makes it look classy

Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
What should be XBMC's default skin0