Xbmc on iPad 3 to apple tv 3
Hi all, I have done a lot of searching but found nothing that works so sorry if this has been asked before. I bought an atv3 to stream movies from my xbmc and watch full screen as the av adapter won't. After looking online before I got it it seemed simple, I downloaded display out from cydia and set up the atv3. But then all I got was a shrunk xbmc in the top right after some searching I found out that it was due to the display out that I installed, I uninstalled it and bang works fine again. But now im stuck with how to get a full screen on my HDTV........ Spent a while now searching with nothing to 100% work. Please anyone help me get something to stream xbmc on my iPad 3 to my ATV3 full screen HDTV.

Thank you in advanced
iOS FAQ (wiki)
That's no help at all
Really? Because it gives you step-by-step instructions to do exactly what you want to do: IOS_FAQ#iDevice_output (wiki):

Quote:Download a nightly build (wiki) and...

1. Before opening XBMC enable global AirPlay mirroring by double-tapping the home button, swiping from left to right to bring up the volume control and AirPlay icon, and selecting your Apple TV from the options.

2. Go to Settings -> Appearance -> Skin and change the skin to something like Confluence (not required, but makes operating XBMC on a TV easier).

3. Go to Settings -> System -> Video output and change it to "Display #2"

4. Now you can use the iDevice screen for directional navigation by swiping. Tap to select things, two finger tap to go back.
Ned you need to head over and do it for him. And when you are at it - watch the movies for him too :p
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2012-11-03, 12:15)Memphiz Wrote: Ned you need to head over and do it for him. And when you are at it - watch the movies for him too :p

Our u canHuh I will supply the popcorn
hahah deal Smile
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
When ever I update to the latest nightly navi x always crashes, I can never get the display #2 up.......?
memphiz, fix navi-x please Smile
(2012-11-10, 22:50)amet Wrote: memphiz, fix navi-x please Smile

+1 Big Grin
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
OMFG. I can't believe I never came across this thread before. Dis needs to be sticky for the n00bs like me.

Thank you so much as well. I've gt my own xbmc atv3 until the jailbreak comes out.
In addition to running XBMC on my jailbroken ipad mini to watch videos, I also have the older Apple TV2. What I do though is, I have a seperate install of XBMC on the jailbroken AppleTV2 and I simply use that official "XBMC remote" app from the app store on the iPad mini to control my instance of XBMC running on the AppleTV2.

The advantage of this method is that this is technically "not airplaying" the content from the ipad mini. The ipad is simply acting as a controller so you have to enable that option in the XBMC settings on the ATV2 to allow 3rd party programs to control XBMC. Then it doesn't matter after I start a video if I completely shut down the iPad/reboot, or whatever, and it saves the battery on my ipad mini. Anything I do on the ipad after starting a video has no effect on the video playing on my AppleTV2 and the iPad isn't having to do any sort of conversion or transcoding so it's much lighter on the system. The iPad mini is only acting as a sophisticated remote control for the instance of XBMC running on the ATV2. If I want to change the playlist or change videos I can simply reopen the remote app and make changes at any time. The AppleTV2 itself is doing all the heavy work.

Again, currently this only works on the older AppleTV2 systems that you can natively install XBMC on.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xbmc on iPad 3 to apple tv 3 1