Totally random programming question
Thumbs Up 
helloes from the stepmaniaxbox unofficial project branch of the stepmania project.

1- as you people are undoubtebly aware, we still don't have movie backgrounds in sm for xbox. mind if we use some of your stuff?

2- if you don't mind, what would you recommend i do? how did you integrate mplayer with xbmc anyway? the dll loader?

cheers

katze and cybik, sm geeks benching on xbox
Quote:1- as you people are undoubtebly aware, we still don't have movie backgrounds in sm for xbox. mind if we use some of your stuff?
feel free as long as you honor our license (gpl)...

Quote:2- if you don't mind, what would you recommend i do? how did you integrate mplayer with xbmc anyway? the dll loader?

although i'm probably not the best to answer, yeah, the dll-loader is one of the main keys behind the mplayer support. if i'm not mistaken there is also a new ao (audio output) driver as well as a new vo (video output) driver... perhaps an easier solution would be to look in the old xbmp sources instead (no dll there..) no clue how difficult it would be to update the mplayer version used there though.

or perhaps you could even use the dvdplayer core in xmbc (still alpha status..) it supports mpeg1 mpeg2 mpeg4 and has a smaller memory footprint compared to mplayer..
well, basically, we need ffmpeg. or something close, that could integrate with stepmania.

if xboxmediaplayah had ffmpeg support, that would indeed be, as some would say, "4we5um!" Smile
dvdplayer is basically ffmpeg with dvdnav bolted on. so yes, there you have ffmpeg
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

or if you are happy with just wmv (and xmv) you could use the build-in library/function in the xdk
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
did i mention i hate wmv?

thanks for the help!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Totally random programming question0