MySQL for Appletv2
Sorry if this thread is already on the forum, but I cannot find it anywhere. I have two appletv 2s, and an imac acting as a media server. I also have a jailbroken ipad running xbmc. I want to share my librarys across all devices, and have found several guides for this using the iMac to run mySQL, and the others linking to it.

However, due to network issues on the iMac, I don't want to do it this way. Is there some way to install and run mySQL on the appletv2, and use this as the central library?

If so, please can someone write me an idiots step by step guide on how to do this?

Both atvs have been setup in the same way - jailbroken using Seas0npass and then XBMC installed.

Although the mac acts as the media server, I also access online stored media, and so the atv is useful without the imac being turned on.
Sorry but I don't think the ATV2's even have enough power to really run mySQL. You could probably get it to run (badly) on a 1st gen. It would be better to fix your network issues with the iMac and run it from there. I have it on my 21.5 2009 along with SabNZBD, Sickbeard, and Couchpotato and don't even notice it. Describe your network issues and maybe I can help.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MySQL for Appletv20