"Favorites" don't act like "Movies"?
First, the details: I'm using the Neon skin. I've got my mapped drives organized by content - I've got "Kids Movies" mapped drives and "Grown Up Movies" mapped drives. All my "Kid's Movies" mapped drives are in a single "Kids' Movies" Source, and likewise for "Grown Up Movies". I've gone ahead and assigned favorites to those Sources and put them on the Home menu. All of my movies are ripped (file mode, not ISO, and not MKV) DVDs from my DVD collection. My paths on a mapped drive are:"\<Movie Name>\VIDEO_TS\<various .IFO, .VOB, .BUP files>"

Here's the issue: if i just go to "Movies" on the main menu, I get my nice list of movies with the artwork and whatnot, and when I select one of them on the list, it immediately launches the DVD. Beautiful.

But if I go to one of my Favorites, I still get the nice list of movies with the artwork and whatnot, but when I select one of them on the list, I get:

VIDEO_TS

Then when I click on VIDEO_TS it takes me into the list of .IFO, .VOB, .BUP files in that subdirectory. I have to click on the VIDEO_TS.IFO file then to get the movie to come up.

This is a problem. How can I get my Favorites to behave correctly here? And ahead of time, I'll say suggestions concerning "re-rip everything to ISO" or "make 'em all MKV; who needs DVD menus and special features anyway" or "completely change your folder path conventions" aren't really what I'm looking for here - "Movies" is doing exactly what I want it to do, so why is a "Favorite" not? And this behavior is essentially replicated with any skin, not just Neon (Neon's cool because it lets me put favorites on the home screen). Maybe there's a different way for me to assign "Favorites" to a specific video source than what I'm doing now? Side Note: Smart Playlists seem to behave properly, but I can't get "multipath" Playlists to work (Sure would be nice if Playlists just let you assign a specific Video Source to them as opposed to having to do "Path contains <blah blah blah").

I've been able to brute force things close to what I want by making a Smart Playlist where I have to manually add specific multiple drive mappings individually by virtue of "Path Contains T:" and "Path Contains R:", etc, then making a Favorite for that and then adding that Favorite to the Home Menu, but...well, that's so clunky I feel...dirty. There's got to be an easier way to do this (something that will actually point to a video source so that if I ever add another drive mapping to that video source the favorite will automatically be updated - this method won't do that).

On a completely different subject - with a Windows Media Center remote (I've specifically got a VRC-1100), is there a button to push that is the equivalent of a "Ctrl-Shift-M" (eg will take me to the DVD's root menu when I start playing it)?

Enable stacking, and perhaps flatten this will fix the files .Video_ts part. The other stuff idk

uNi
Stacking seems to be all that you require, yeah - it's on the left menu in Confluence.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

(2012-11-03, 00:51)HTPC Junkie Wrote: On a completely different subject - with a Windows Media Center remote (I've specifically got a VRC-1100), is there a button to push that is the equivalent of a "Ctrl-Shift-M" (eg will take me to the DVD's root menu when I start playing it)?

For future reference, it would be better to post this in its own thread so it doesn't get buried in your thread's main theme.

Anyway, you can add a PlayerControl(ShowVideoMenu) statement to the <FullscreenVideo> section of your keyboard.xml (wiki) file located in your userdata (wiki) directory (create the file if you don't already have one):
Code:
<keymap>
  <FullscreenVideo>
    <keyboard>
      <m mod="ctrl,shift>PlayerControl(ShowVideoMenu)</m>
    </keyboard>
  </FullscreenVideo>
</keymap>

While watching a DVD movie, you can then press the "DVD menu" button (the one located below the red one on your VRC-1100) to display the DVD menu.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"Favorites" don't act like "Movies"?0