XBMC content wont set
Hi all,

I have a problem with my XBMC in that it will not "set content" for my TV Shows folder and therefore not add them to the library.

This is my setup:

Server running Serviio (UPNP) presents two folders TV Shows and Movies.

Raspberry Pi running Rasbian (tried Xbian and Openelec), add videos -> select Serviio -> select TV Shows folder -> assign TV shows scrapper (default options) -> Hit OK. The scanning for content dialog box pops up for a milli second and then disappears and nothing happens. I don't get any info downloading or a TV Shows category showing under the Videos menu.

However when I add my Movies folder it will download some info but will not create a sub-menu under Videos either.

Has anyone had similar problems and can offer any advice?
I don't think you can scan upnp sources to the library. Try using nfs or smb instead
If I have been of help, please add to my reputation as a way of saying thanks, it's free.
(2012-11-03, 03:57)Dilligaf Wrote: I don't think you can scan upnp sources to the library. Try using nfs or smb instead

That's correct. In fact, just today there was a commit to remove the option to even be able to 'set content' on a upnp source:

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/3dfa...d2a486d9e6
Thanks guys!

I will switch to NFS, my SMB shares don't update for whatever reason. Hopefully NFS updates correctly!
Is there going to be a way to set content for UPNP later?
I'm thinking with how XBMC is trying to embrace this technology that eventually it would be nice to be able to fit it nicely in our libraries.
I'm having the same problem. I have my video folders on a nas. I´m using smb. It works fine on my MacBook, but on my Mac Mini it just pops up and then disappears and the content won't set. I tried the exact same settings on my MB.
I'm running Frodo 12.0

Anyone have a solution for this?
Hi,
since I have change my NAS, switching fron Synology DS211 to DS414, through NFS, I have the same problem. Sometimes after cleaning the database, it work and few time after I have the same problem as yours. Any ideas ?
(2013-02-12, 08:24)dafi_duck Wrote: I'm having the same problem. I have my video folders on a nas. I´m using smb. It works fine on my MacBook, but on my Mac Mini it just pops up and then disappears and the content won't set. I tried the exact same settings on my MB.
I'm running Frodo 12.0

Anyone have a solution for this?

(2014-05-25, 05:22)migwell Wrote: Hi,
since I have change my NAS, switching fron Synology DS211 to DS414, through NFS, I have the same problem. Sometimes after cleaning the database, it work and few time after I have the same problem as yours. Any ideas ?

These aren't the same issue that is being described in this thread. The topic of this thread was that UPnP sources can't have "content set". I recommend starting new threads for these other issues and including full debug logs (wiki) and details on the issue, what steps you've tried, etc.
So by not being able to set my content my master folder of TV shows are treated as individual movies.

That is, on my main system I have a directory structure with 1 tv show per folder with each folder containing multiple seasons which import and are displayed perfectly be XBMC. When I use upnp to my other machine I see the list of television shows available, but clicking on a title then results in an error as though it does not know how to handle the content (because it is a TV show and not a movie).

I am aware that it is not scraping content to the remote system, no problemo.... but how do I tell xbmc that this is a tv source if I cannot set content?

(PS my movies stream flawlessly)

Using 13.2 with confluence skin under win7.
I updated the CLIENT to Kodi and the result is exactly the same. I see an open bug for a similar issue http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/15286

Is there a suggested work around? I am reluctant to migrate my primary system to Kodi until it has a stable version (PS Kodi seems very fast compared to 13.2 in all regards except upnp)

Sorry for the disjoint additions and updates.

If I drill down to the All Season view of a particular show, I am able to see all the episodes and they share correctly ... I presume it's because it thinks every one is an individual movie.
Use a proper file sharing system like smb or nfs.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-09-27, 20:52)HamiltonSteveO Wrote: So by not being able to set my content my master folder of TV shows are treated as individual movies.

That is, on my main system I have a directory structure with 1 tv show per folder with each folder containing multiple seasons which import and are displayed perfectly be XBMC. When I use upnp to my other machine I see the list of television shows available, but clicking on a title then results in an error as though it does not know how to handle the content (because it is a TV show and not a movie).

I am aware that it is not scraping content to the remote system, no problemo.... but how do I tell xbmc that this is a tv source if I cannot set content?

(PS my movies stream flawlessly)

Using 13.2 with confluence skin under win7.

Again, this is unrelated to this thread. Please start a new forum thread for new issues.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC content wont set0