Req Christmas theme??
(2013-12-14, 03:57)MassIV Wrote: You could certainly. But, assuming you are still talking about Nox, i'm not sure how simple it would be to integrate withing the current exceptions.
It would depend on what type of background setting you normally use on home, like Live Cases ect. Which already override the normal backgrounds i assume. And if you still want to see fanart from widgets ect ect. If you are lucky you can just add a value to a variable, but i doubt it.

Either way, i am not familiar enough with the code of Nox, so you have to ask someone else.

Thanks. Was just a what if. Mostly just because I'm lazy and didn't want to have to reset all the different backgrounds later.Big Grin
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
I changed a few png in the includes named snow2.png, snow3.png, snow4.png. But they dont show up at the Main menu. Only the standard snow.png. The new snowflakes are in the same media folder.

Code:
    <include name="Holiday">
    <control type="group">
    <!-- <visible>System.Date(12-21,12-26)</visible> --> <!---(start date, end date, in MM-DD format)--->
    <control type="group">
    <posx>-100</posx><!---Use this to space all the groups--->
    <animation effect="rotate" end="20" time="9000" delay="300" pulse="true" condition="true">Conditional</animation>
    <control type="image">
    <posx>100</posx>
    <posy>-100</posy>
    <width>20</width>
    <height>20</height>
    <texture>snow.png</texture>
    <aspectratio scalediffuse="false">keep</aspectratio>
    <animation effect="slide" start="0,0" end="0,920" time="9000" delay="0" reversible="false" loop="true" condition="true">Conditional</animation>
    <animation effect="slide" start="40,0" end="-20,0" time="3200" delay="300" reversible="false" pulse="true" condition="true">Conditional</animation>
    </control>
    <control type="image">
    <posx>260</posx>
    <posy>-80</posy>
    <width>15</width>
    <height>15</height>
    <texture>snow2.png</texture>
    <animation effect="slide" start="0,0" end="0,920" time="10000" delay="300" reversible="false" loop="true" condition="true">Conditional</animation>
    <animation effect="slide" start="40,0" end="-30,0" time="4000" delay="200" reversible="false" pulse="true" condition="true">Conditional</animation>
    </control>
    <control type="image">
    <posx>390</posx>
    <posy>-110</posy>
    <width>10</width>
    <height>10</height>
    <texture>snow3.png</texture>
    <animation effect="slide" start="0,0" end="0,920" time="15000" delay="500" reversible="false" loop="true" condition="true">Conditional</animation>
    <animation effect="slide" start="20,0" end="-60,0" time="5300" delay="300" reversible="false" pulse="true" condition="true">Conditional</animation>
    <colordiffuse>C2FFFFFF</colordiffuse>
    </control>
    </control>
    <control type="group">
    <posx>200</posx><!---Use this to space all the groups--->
    <animation effect="rotate" start="10" end="60" time="9000" delay="300" pulse="true" condition="true">Conditional</animation>
    <control type="image">
    <posx>100</posx>
    <posy>-100</posy>
    <width>20</width>
    <height>20</height>
    <texture>snow4.png</texture>
    <animation effect="slide" start="0,0" end="0,920" time="9000" delay="1000" reversible="false" loop="true" condition="true">Conditional</animation>
    <animation effect="slide" start="40,0" end="-20,0" time="3200" delay="300" reversible="false" pulse="true" condition="true">Conditional</animation>
    </control>
    <control type="image">
    <posx>260</posx>
    <posy>-80</posy>
    <width>15</width>
    <height>15</height>
    <texture>snow5.png</texture>
    <animation effect="slide" start="0,0" end="0,920" time="10000" delay="1300" reversible="false" loop="true" condition="true">Conditional</animation>
    <animation effect="slide" start="40,0" end="-30,0" time="4000" delay="200" reversible="false" pulse="true" condition="true">Conditional</animation>
    </control>
    <control type="image">
    <posx>390</posx>
    <posy>-110</posy>
    <width>10</width>
    <height>10</height>
    <animation effect="slide" start="0,0" end="0,920" time="15000" delay="1500" reversible="false" loop="true" condition="true">Conditional</animation>
    <animation effect="slide" start="20,0" end="-60,0" time="5300" delay="300" reversible="false" pulse="true" condition="true">Conditional</animation>
    </control>
    </control>
    <control type="group">
    <posx>600</posx><!---Use this to space all the groups--->
    <animation effect="rotate" end="20" time="9000" delay="300" pulse="true" condition="true">Conditional</animation>
    <control type="image">
    <posx>100</posx>
    <posy>-100</posy>
    <width>20</width>
    <height>20</height>
    <animation effect="slide" start="0,0" end="0,920" time="9000" delay="2000" reversible="false" loop="true" condition="true">Conditional</animation>
    </control>
    <control type="image">
    <posx>260</posx>
    <posy>-80</posy>
    <width>15</width>
    <height>15</height>
    <animation effect="slide" start="0,0" end="0,920" time="10000" delay="2300" reversible="false" loop="true" condition="true">Conditional</animation>
    </control>
    <control type="image">
    <posx>390</posx>
    <posy>-110</posy>
    <width>10</width>
    <height>10</height>
    <animation effect="slide" start="0,0" end="0,920" time="15000" delay="2500" reversible="false" loop="true" condition="true">Conditional</animation>
    </control>
    </control>
    <control type="group">
    <posx>900</posx><!---Use this to space all the groups--->
    <animation effect="rotate" end="40" time="12000" delay="300" pulse="true" condition="true">Conditional</animation>
    <control type="image">
    <posx>100</posx>
    <posy>-100</posy>
    <width>20</width>
    <height>20</height>
    <animation effect="slide" start="0,0" end="0,920" time="9000" delay="3000" reversible="false" loop="true" condition="true">Conditional</animation>
    </control>
    <control type="image">
    <posx>260</posx>
    <posy>-80</posy>
    <width>15</width>
    <height>15</height>
    <animation effect="slide" start="0,0" end="0,920" time="10000" delay="3300" reversible="false" loop="true" condition="true">Conditional</animation>
    </control>
    <control type="image">
    <posx>390</posx>
    <posy>-110</posy>
    <width>10</width>
    <height>10</height>
    <animation effect="slide" start="0,0" end="0,920" time="15000" delay="3500" reversible="false" loop="true" condition="true">Conditional</animation>
    </control>
    </control>
    </control>
    </include>
    </includes>
You mind sharing one of the images that don't show up so i can have a look?
Image [RELEASE] Metroid
Image [RELEASE] IrcChat

Images are fine and so is the code, works for me.
So you are probably seeing them also, but it's hard to tell the difference.
Try changing the size of one of the new ones to something like

Code:
<width>50</width>
<height>50</height>

So that it stands out and you can see what you are doing.
Image [RELEASE] Metroid
Image [RELEASE] IrcChat
In general the effect looks good but would it be possible to have a random size effect in skin so some images are bigger and creates a sort of 3d effect?
(2013-12-15, 18:21)MassIV Wrote: Images are fine and so is the code, works for me.

Code:
<width>50</width>
<height>50</height>

Thanks, i made them a little bigger. You see clearly the difference now.
(2013-12-15, 20:00)Oxize Wrote:
(2013-12-15, 18:21)MassIV Wrote: Images are fine and so is the code, works for me.

Code:
<width>50</width>
<height>50</height>

Thanks, i made them a little bigger. You see clearly the difference now.
Willing to share your version?
Ideal would be if you could rotate images used for snow effect.
Such effects can't be ported to addon can it?
(2013-12-15, 20:05)schumi2004 Wrote: Ideal would be if you could rotate images used for snow effect.
Such effects can't be ported to addon can it?
Is possible, yes.
Image [RELEASE] Metroid
Image [RELEASE] IrcChat
@MassIV
Any idea on how to get random texture images?
Select-able isn't a problem but random din't worked as expected, didn't work at all to be precise Tongue

(2013-11-26, 09:11)sfontes Wrote: Hi All,
I came up with a slightly different animation for falling snow. This is if you really want a good amount of snow falling.
To make it work, do the same things as for MassIV's.

Here is the contents you would put in home.xml. Download the file and cut/paste the contents. Put the contents as the last controls in home.xml. So just before </controls> (not </control>).
fallingsnow.xml

And here is the .png file you would put in your skin's media directory.
fallingsnow.png

I also made a Christmas theme for the metropolis skin. Here is the theme file:
Christmas.xbt

Just put the Christmas.xbt file in the metropolis skin media directory, Then under Settings > Appearance > Skin, change the theme to Christmas.
If you have customized the home images for metropolis, you will have to set them back to the default to see my home screen images.

Happy Thanksgiving and Merry Christmas
I tried this on Aeon MQ5 (720p) but it doesn't look that good as seen here http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1559516

Is this for 1080i skin version only?
Well "random" images would also change while they fall.
I don't think there is a good way of doing that.

And the post you refer to is not using the one I made.
If I remember correct it uses a large single image.
It was posted by sfontes a couple posts before that.
Image [RELEASE] Metroid
Image [RELEASE] IrcChat
@MassIV
Second post wasn't ment for you but for @sfontes like you said Wink

Anyway, i dropped random images and went for select-able true skin Wink
(2013-12-21, 12:44)schumi2004 Wrote: I tried this on Aeon MQ5 (720p) but it doesn't look that good as seen here http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1559516

Is this for 1080i skin version only?

I'm using the Gotham nightly builds. I downloaded Aeon MQ5, modified home.xml, and put the png file in the media directory. It seems to work for me.
Here's what I got:

What doesn't work for you?
@sfontes it does work but it's to crowded.
I thought Mudislander used your image but it seems he used a different one as his preview is more subtle
(2013-12-22, 21:52)schumi2004 Wrote: @sfontes it does work but it's to crowded.
I thought Mudislander used your image but it seems he used a different one as his preview is more subtle
The .png file it uses is just a file full of snowflakes. If you have a graphics editor that can handle transparent backgrounds, you can edit the file and delete some of the snowflakes.
Here is the same file with maybe 1/2 the snowflakes deleted - it might be more subtle.

lessfallingsnow.png

Just put the new file in the skin's media directory and rename it to fallingsnow.png

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Christmas theme??1