Movie treated as TV-series
When i use XBMCSubtitles and the undertexter.se site plugin, the search string supplied to undertexter.se looks like it is searching for a TV series and not a movie.
This is how the log looks when i search for swedish subtitles for The Book of Eli:

23:28:54 T:140375724332800 DEBUG: ### [XBMC Subtitles-services.Undertexter.service] - Getting url: http://www.undertexter.se/?group1=on&p=s...Eli+S20E10

And that of course don't generate any hits. If i manually remove the +S20E10 and enter it in my browser:

http://www.undertexter.se/?group1=on&p=s...ook+of+Eli

I find the subtitles. Why is the movie treated as a TV series?
post your full debug log, there is not enough info here.
Did you manage to fix this? Have the same problem, all my movies contain the year, and XBMC Subtitles thinks its S20E11 or something similar. How would I say to XBMC that it is in fact a movie not a serie?
I thought that it started to work again, but today it didn't work. And i found out why.
If there is a year in the filename it is treated as episodes number. So for example a file with the name "The.Bourne.Legacy.2012.720p.BRRip.XviD.AC3-ViSiON", will search for subtitles "The+Bourne+Legacy+S20E12".

This is the case for opensubtitles and undertexter services. Swesub somehow only uses "The+Bourne+Legacy". These is the only services i use.

The strange thing is that i tried to cut and paste the http url used by undertexter, found in the log, and even if i removed S20E12 it didn't find any subtitles. But i know they have subtitles for that movie. But the first thing would be to find out how to make undertexter understand that the year is not episode information.
How can i get help with this? Every time when there is a year in the filename undertexter and opensubtitles service thinks it is a season/episode number. It makes it almost impossible to search any subtitle using undertexter.se since most or maybe all files have a year in the filename.

OpenSubtitles uses a hashvalue as backup and find some subtitles, but i want them in Swedish.
I tried it with Undertexter.se and it works correct for me. Can you post a full debug log?
HTPC: NVIDIA GT 1030 with latest drivers, HDMI WASAPI, Windows 10 x64
Receiver: Yamaha RX-A2060
Speakers: Canton Chrono system
Here is the log http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=27085
Stupid question maybe but have you set the content options for that folder to TV instead of Movie? Cause I was able to reproduce your problem doing that.
I haven't done anything to the folder, so if it is TV it must be the default option. It is just a temp folder with things a look at and then delete. But i will look at the setting and check what it is. Anyway, it would have been nice if whatever algorithm used was looking for SxxExx instead. I don't think i have ever seen a filename for a TV episode with xxxx describing season and episode?

But thank you for your help, and hope that it solves my problem =)
Content is set to None, and i don't really want the folder to be scraped for movie info. I use the folder for movies that i watch and delete, but i would like to search for subtitles. But maybe i need to set a content for the folder? Can i avoid scraping anyway?
if the item watched is not scanned into library it will be treated as movie, scan it into library and it will be found as tvShow
It seems to be the other way around. The file is a movie, in a folder with the content type set to None, and the subtitle addon thinks it is a TV show. I'm guessing that folders with None as content type isn't scanned? In that case it should be treated as a movie but it is not.
Sell i continue to struggle to get undertexter.se to work. Not the same problem now, but since i started here i continue to try to get help here instead of creating a new thread.

I have now set the content typ to Movie for my folder, so i don't have the TV show problem. Undertexter.se finds some subtitles, but not the Swedish ones. Here is a part of the log:

******** LOG REMOVED *********

If i cut and paste the Swedish search string and open it in Firefox i do get the Swedish subtitles, but XBMC only finds the English ones. What have i done wrong now? =)
(2013-01-11, 22:21)raptorjr Wrote: Sell i continue to struggle to get undertexter.se to work. Not the same problem now, but since i started here i continue to try to get help here instead of creating a new thread.

I have now set the content typ to Movie for my folder, so i don't have the TV show problem. Undertexter.se finds some subtitles, but not the Swedish ones. Here is a part of the log:

This is already mentioned and fixed in another thread and a commit is merged into the frodo branch on GitHub.
(2013-01-11, 22:21)raptorjr Wrote: Sell i continue to struggle to get undertexter.se to work. Not the same problem now, but since i started here i continue to try to get help here instead of creating a new thread.

If i cut and paste the Swedish search string and open it in Firefox i do get the Swedish subtitles, but XBMC only finds the English ones. What have i done wrong now? =)

do not paste the logs here, read how to do proper Debug Log

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movie treated as TV-series0