Watched items in a "smart" playlist without flipping the library?
Greetings.

I've sifted through the posts I could find with relevant keywords but no luck so I'm posting here.

I have ~5k episodes, the vast majority (99%) of which are marked as watched. Many, like sitcoms, I'd like to watch again randomly when I'm in the mood. I would very much like to be able to (using Aeon Nox) just flip from the main menu to a Sitcoms playlist and have em boogie at random. This would seem like a.. I don't know.. shockingly trivial thing. I do not, however, want these shows listed in my primary episode library - that's for unwatched materials. I've tried this several ways but what I cannot get around is that I seem to have to set my entirely library to "Show All" or "Show Watched" to get the watched episodes to show up in the playlist. My point in using a specific playlist is to watch *watched* shows without having to flip the whole library over (which has to be flipped back when I return to regular watching).

Please someone tell me I've missed something bc this seems like something that XBMC Playlists should "just do". That is, one of the criteria for playlist rules should be "is flagged as watched" at voila! I've tried combining playlists and various permutations but they don't seem to work.

Your help would be much appreciated.
Using a smart playlist with "where watched count is 0" doesn't work?
Paste the following into a textfile and save it to your "userdata\playlists\video" folder and change the file extension to .xsp

Code:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<smartplaylist type="episodes">
  <name>Random Watched Sitcom Episodes</name>
  <match>all</match>
  <rule field="playcount" operator="greaterthan">0</rule>
  <rule field="genre" operator="contains">Comedy</rule>
  <order>random</order>
</smartplaylist>

This will give you a playlist of already watched sitcom episodes in random order. Alternatively you could replace <order>random</order> with <order direction="ascending">lastplayed</order> to play episodes it was the longest since you last watched them first.
Thanks for the replies. I appreciate your time.

However, this still produces an empty playlist when the library is in "Unwatched" mode. My ultimate point is that I don't want to have to switch the library to "All Videos" for the playlist to populate. I guess I'm just wishing the playlist had a setting like "Disregard Watched Status" so you could set up a playlist for any videos at all, watched or unwatched.
watched/unwatched is like a global filter, so I assume it would be a major PITA to implement this. It might just be better to flip the library, but instead of flipping back and forth, just use a smart playlist to hide the watched shows. So basically the inverse of what was suggested.
(2012-11-04, 02:32)oMaT Wrote: However, this still produces an empty playlist when the library is in "Unwatched" mode.

Switching to "Hide Watched" isn't turning off the playcount rule; You're hiding all the watched episodes in a list that -only- contain watched episodes. That's why you get an empty list.

(2012-11-04, 02:32)oMaT Wrote: so you could set up a playlist for any videos at all, watched or unwatched.

Not sure I understand what you mean; That's the default behavior, just leave out the playcount rule.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Watched items in a "smart" playlist without flipping the library?0