Req Option to use folder date for recently added music
Hi everybody,

This thread based on a simular: "Option to use folder date for recently added movies"

I really am very happy with current development, and especially with the "date added" field for movies in the dbase.
However, in the current release (XBMC 12, 2 november 2012), I noticed that the field "date added" exists in the MyVideos72.db-dbase but I couldn't find it in the MyMusic30.db-dbase.
Am I looking at the wrong place, or is the "date added" field not yet implemented in the music library?

I'm using XBMC as my mediacenter (and not only as a movie-center), so I *really* *really* *really* would like to have a sorting option on my music library too, based on "date added" (creation date of folder).

Because I have a rather large music library, the "Recently added albums" is the most used playlist.
I managed to mess up my library recently and had to do a full rescan of all my music and albums are not sorted based on the datestamp of the albumfolder anymore :-(

"Date added" would also be very helpfull in smart playlists, example: "Last 100 numbers added" or "Newest mp3's with a rating > 0", etc...

Anyway, the develop team succeeded to implement this for movies, so is there an option to implement the same for music?

Many many many thanx in advance if this option would be considered/implemented in next release!!

kind regards,
bart

It won't make it into the next release because we are already in feature freeze so no new features are allowed to be contributed. But adding the same functionality for music should be possible.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
oohhhh. That's a pity. Are there any steps needed to promote this feature high on the wish list? :-)
Just kidding.
Anyhow, are you talking about a major release? Or is it possible to get it in one of the next nightly builds? Have you -if feature possible and accepted- any idea when it could be in production?

kind regards.
Bart

+1 for this, And for singles there is no way of telling what was recently added, Due to how the DB currently re-orders the song id's.
+1 please!
Dear XBMC team developpers: can you give any feedback if and when this feature will be implemented? So jealous at the movie-adepts for whom this feature is already implemented... :-)
I too would love this feature just had to drop my music database and everything is pretty mucked up now as far as recently added goes.
Was this ever implemented? I wish I coud add a date added tags in my NFO files for Music.
+1
+1 please
It isn't pretty, but there's a solution here: http://www.mmacleod.ca/blog/2014/09/fixi...ing-music/
(2012-11-04, 14:32)Montellese Wrote: It won't make it into the next release because we are already in feature freeze so no new features are allowed to be contributed. But adding the same functionality for music should be possible.

Any News?

Its now more than 2 Jears a go. so isnt it time?

I Like the Way XBMC/Kodi handles the "recently Added" (actualy only Movies sort that way!)
wouldnt it be accurate to have stuff worked according the same rules across Kodi??
Hello,

+1 for this feature also which is mandatatory for big music listeners who continuously and frequently add new music to their library.
Mediaportal has it implemented (you can even decide to use the date of creation or date of modification to set the last added date).

And after years of hesitation due to the UI and to the TV capability, I really would like to move to Kodi as it appears superior to Mediaportal in so many areas (intuitive UI,simpler configuration, speed, extensibility, mutli platform, real support... well I hope Big Grin)

PLEEEAAASSSEEE Tongue

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Option to use folder date for recently added music0