Req Submit bug reports "Automagically"
First off, please forgive me if this feature has already been asked for, or if it is somehow just too crazy...

I was thinking the other night that XBMC is as we all know the best out there. And the user base is probably millions EASILY.
I'd also put my money on it that not so many people help by reporting a problem or bug. I am sure that not a whole lot of people know how, or would be willing to invest time on figuring it out.

What if XBMC had built in capability of fetching the xbmc.log and the OS's log and submitting it with a short description of that users problem, all within the GUI.

EXAMPLE- My system has failed to play a certain video file that used to work no problem... I go to settings then find the option "Submit Feedback" or something like that. A prompt comes up asking if the problem occured during this session (Yes/No?) I select Yes, then another prompt appears asking to summarize the problem I experienced. I do that, and I am done. XBMC sends that message along with the appropriate logs automagically.

Please let me know if that is doable. I know devs would surely like the idea.
My XBMC/Gaming rig:
Cougar Evolution - AMD Phenom II 1100T @ 4ghz w/ custom Noctua 3-fan Cooler - 16gb DDR3 1866 - ASUS Sabertooth 990FX - Nvidia GTX570 superclocked -
SeaSonic Platinum 860W PSU - OCZ Agility 3 240GB SSD - 8TB storage
Mouse- Cyborg R.A.T. 5 Keyboard- Mad Catz V.7
There's an XBMC Log Uploader add-on that will upload your debug log to www.xbmclogs.com. You just need to report your problem in the forums and post the URL for your uploaded log. You can provide detailed information in your forum post, including detailed steps for reproducing the problem, screenshots, links to other threads, code snippets, etc. Limiting the user to just some summary textbox will further reduce the amount of useful information that will be included in problem reports. Where would these automated reports get sent? Are these automated reports posted automatically to appropriate forums? Or to a central location where they will have to be triaged by full-time staffers? After all, a lot of "bugs" are not bugs at all, but merely not understanding how something is supposed to work or how to do something with the existing application. You certainly don't want to further inundate developers with bogus bug reports.
No no. I understand. I meant for a feature that would submit logs AND users detailed description to be submitted to the bug tracker. It was perhaps a bad idea, but I guess that is why this is the Feature Suggestion area of the forums... Bad ideas get shot down.

And i didnt know about that addon, which sounds good enough for me. Thanks for that info.
My XBMC/Gaming rig:
Cougar Evolution - AMD Phenom II 1100T @ 4ghz w/ custom Noctua 3-fan Cooler - 16gb DDR3 1866 - ASUS Sabertooth 990FX - Nvidia GTX570 superclocked -
(2012-12-03, 23:08)DukeOfTheWicked Wrote: No no. I understand. I meant for a feature that would submit logs AND users detailed description to be submitted to the bug tracker. It was perhaps a bad idea, but I guess that is why this is the Feature Suggestion area of the forums... Bad ideas get shot down.

And i didnt know about that addon, which sounds good enough for me. Thanks for that info.

Problem is we would do that we cannot give feedback or work to a solution that way
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
K
Thanks guys.

- oh and BTW... Frodo BETA 2 is awesome guys. If I have problems I will look into that script and give it a whirl. Smile
My XBMC/Gaming rig:

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Submit bug reports "Automagically"0