Audio over HDMI to two speakers?
I'm not sure if this is the right place or best forum to post this on, so let me know if there's a better place to be asking this.

Right now I'm running my audio from HTPC--->receiver->Speakers. The HTPC and receiver are connected with HDMI and I'm not sure how to force the audio to recognize that I don't have surround sound. As is I only get the background sounds, so no voices. The receiver seems to think I have 5 or more speakers. Anyone run into this before? Any ideas?

If I wasn't very clear, just let me know and I can try to explain things better.
(2012-11-05, 18:53)Clyktose Wrote: I'm not sure if this is the right place or best forum to post this on, so let me know if there's a better place to be asking this.

Right now I'm running my audio from HTPC--->receiver->Speakers. The HTPC and receiver are connected with HDMI and I'm not sure how to force the audio to recognize that I don't have surround sound. As is I only get the background sounds, so no voices. The receiver seems to think I have 5 or more speakers. Anyone run into this before? Any ideas?

If I wasn't very clear, just let me know and I can try to explain things better.
Is your system 2.1? Are you bitstreaming audio or XBMC LPCM?

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Have you set up your Receiver to show how many speakers you have in your system? Have you looked at your Audio settings on your PC... you need to give a lot more info on your setup for anyone to sort your problem out
Optoma HD Projector, Panasonic TX-P65VT65 Plasma, Pioneer SC2023 AVR, Kef Q65 main, iQ8ds rear, XQ2C centre, XBOX 360 Elite, Samsung LE40C650, SKY HD, Lutron Lighting, Crestron AV2 control

(Server)CPU - AMD Phenom ii 560, MB - M4A78LT-M, 32GB Corsair SSD, 4GB Corsair DDR3, 6x 1.5TB HDD's

XBMC Clients x2 (DSPlayer)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Audio over HDMI to two speakers?0