Metropolis 2.0 Released
I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post this, but here goes:

I'm running Eden on my HTPC, and just upgraded Metropolis to 2.0.0 on it from the XBMC Eden repo.

Everything is running great, except that the "Update Library" in the Videos submenu seems to be missing. I'm sure I saw it there in 1.9.x Eden GIT builds I was using before, as I often used it to update my library when I added new content to it.

I've gone through all the Metropolis skin options, and while I can see an option for "Clean Library..." there. I don't seem to see any setting to activate the "Update Library" option again. I've checked the Videos submenu with the "Clean Library" option both checked and unchecked and all that seems to do is just hide/show a "Clean Library" option.

Is there something I missed?

EDIT #1: I've done a bit more tinkering both on a 2.0.0 Eden setup and a 2.5.0 Frodo beta 1 setup, and noticed that at least under 2.5.0 Frodo, the "Update Library" option was there until I added a custom video link to the submenu, then both "Update Library" and (I think) "Settings" disappeared from the Videos submenu. Disabling the custom link didn't bring them back either.

EDIT #2: Worked it out: Hiding "Settings" from the Main Menu also hides "Update Library" and "Settings" from the Videos submenu (and probably hides other things on other submenus too.) I worked it out by having a look at ids 91017 and 91018 in Includes_Home1.xml

Thanks again for a great skin!

~Jondar
Correct. Hiding the Settings hides every item that is a link into Settings. This seemed logical to me, but if people don't like it, it can be changed.
Hmmm..... Update Library isn't really a Settings option, but Clean Library is. I know I had the same confusion...but I understand the logic.
-stoli-
Just changed this (Update Library now available if Settings is hidden) in both master and eden branches.
Great job, congratulations, GREAT SKIN.
Thanks all.
First off I love the skin and have been using it for a while. Great job thank you guys Smile

Is there any easy or quick way I can add this view to use with the skin?

(2012-11-18, 21:53)GazT81 Wrote: Is there any easy or quick way I can add this view to use with the skin?

The short answer is no. But, this is basically the current Files view.

If you mean that you'd like to get rid of the bottom part then no, it can't be done because this is a global (and fundamental) part of Metropolis.
my first post Smile

how do i get the latest version of metropolis? actually there is nothing via auto update (just ja few addons were updated the last days). do i have to do it manually throug the skin settings?

by the way: best skin so far
(2012-11-19, 17:46)darki Wrote: how do i get the latest version of metropolis? actually there is nothing via auto update (just ja few addons were updated the last days). do i have to do it manually throug the skin settings?

If you've downloaded it before, it certainly should just auto-update.

Did you perhaps install it via the Passion repo or manually some other way before? If you did, you'll need to delete the skin.metropolis folder and download it again the normal way from the official repository (Settings->Addons->Get Addons->XBMC.org Addons->Skin->Metropolis).
thanks

how can i see if the latest version is installed?
(2012-11-19, 20:08)darki Wrote: how can i see if the latest version is installed?

Settings->Addons->Enabled Addons->Skin->Metropolis. It will show the version there and it should be 2.0.0.
thanks - it shows the correct version 2.0.0 Smile
Question 
I'm new to this skin so i'm wondering if someone could answer this question please. Is the 'Shutdown' submenu supposed to power off the pc like it tends to with other skins?

All it's doing on mine is exiting XBMC, which is already a listed option, so i'm a bit puzzled Huh

Metropolis obeys the Shutdown Function setting in XBMC. If it is assigned to Quit, that is what it will do.

Change it to Shutdown and it will do what you want.
(2012-11-20, 23:36)jingai Wrote: Metropolis obeys the Shutdown Function setting in XBMC. If it is assigned to Quit, that is what it will do.

Change it to Shutdown and it will do what you want.

Oh duh me. I'd recently reformatted and it seems i had forgotten to put that setting back in XBMC the way i had it. My bad. Thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Metropolis 2.0 Released1