Users getting Metropolis from the Passion repo or github PLEASE READ
The nightly builds of Metropolis on Passion will be from now on compatible only with XBMC Frodo and often, only with a very recent build of Frodo. As in, possibly last night's, or even 10 minutes ago.

If you are still on XBMC Eden (11.0), please wait for Metropolis 2.0.0 to hit the official repo and use that from here on out.

If you are running a Frodo nightly build, but don't feel like dealing with the skin breaking from time-to-time, you can also use the official 2.0.0 release. It will work fine on Frodo with some very minor (cosmetic) exceptions.

Similarly, if you're pulling Metropolis from github, the eden version has been branched off. If you pull from the master branch, it will not work with XBMC Eden. You may continue to pull from the eden branch if you'd like to receive any hotfixes before they hit the official repo, but there will be no more new features for Eden builds.

You can also pull from the eden branch if you're running a Frodo nightly and just want more stability.

Bottom line: The master branch on github and the builds from the Passion repository are to be considered unstable and are under active development for Frodo. If you don't feel like chasing down nightly builds and beta versions of addons, you probably want to avoid them.
Very good, it's great to hear that you work on a Frodo Version now.
(2012-11-05, 22:31)jingai Wrote: ... If you are still on XBMC Eden (11.0), please wait for Metropolis 2.0.0 to hit the official repo and use that from here on out.

oy! Is this really true, or just smoke? Sad

the GIT version just marked itself broken on my Frodo build last night, still waiting for 2.0.0 to show up in the official repo.
(2012-11-10, 19:41)Bunto Skiffler Wrote:
(2012-11-05, 22:31)jingai Wrote: ... If you are still on XBMC Eden (11.0), please wait for Metropolis 2.0.0 to hit the official repo and use that from here on out.

oy! Is this really true, or just smoke? Sad

I'm not sure I understand your concern?

Yes, it is true. The master branch and the Passion builds are Frodo only now.

That is not to say we are neglecting Eden. It will still get updates if bugs are found.
(2012-11-10, 20:13)ialand Wrote: the GIT version just marked itself broken on my Frodo build last night, still waiting for 2.0.0 to show up in the official repo.

Again... either pull from the Eden branch or chase down the beta versions of the addons..
I just updated XBMC to 12.0 Beta1 and when I look for the latest version of Metropolis on the Passion repo, I see that there is an update to v2.5.xxxx but when I attempt to install it, it says "Dependencies Not Met". I am currently running the v2.0 version from the master XBMC repo. What am I missing to be able to load v2.5. I dont mind running an unstable version.
You need these addons (minimum versions required listed):

service.skin.widgets 0.0.13
script.artwork.downloader 12.0.4
script.favourites 2.0.0
script.tv.show.next.aired 3.0.0
(2012-11-16, 05:51)jingai Wrote: You need these addons (minimum versions required listed):

service.skin.widgets 0.0.13
script.artwork.downloader 12.0.4
script.favourites 2.0.0
script.tv.show.next.aired 3.0.0

These should all be in xbmc repo now. So should be installed automatic
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
2.0 in Eden Official Repo today

great work j!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Users getting Metropolis from the Passion repo or github PLEASE READ0