Wont scan movies
I bought two new HDDs that I installed so the search way changed on the HDDs I had so I had to rescan all my stuff again.

Tv-series scanned fine and set up like it should but when I scanned movies I first picked "scan folder name". I then noticed it didn't say the properties of the file like 720p and DTS so I deleted the library and set it to scan again by files to pick up the properties.

However it didn't. It only asked me if I wanted to update the library, deleted the info, started scanning for a second then it said compressing files then did nothing. I tried redoing it but same thing. I uninstalled xbmc and deleted all the folders and reinstalled xbmc but that didn't fix it.

Any ideas what I should do?
sounds like your naming convention doesn't have the tags built into them. once you play a movie, xbmc will then add the tags to the library.
Deleting your userdata folder (wiki) will bring you back to all defaults. Just uninstalling XBMC won't remove the userdata folder.
I deleted the userdata folder of 2.5 gb but that didn't fix it. Another weird thing is that I don't have the "movies" folder, only the "videos" folder.

Edit: And another weird thing I noticed. I was checking the tv-show Naruto which got 10 seasons. It only scanned 5 and no matter what I try it wont add the rest seasons.
Sounds like the same sort of problem as this post
9.1 Cinema Room htpc with Kodi Matrix & emby server~Epson EH-TW9300~Homemade 8ft pj screen~AVR~Yamaha RX-A3070~Speakers~Monitor Audio RX6 Fronts & RX Centre~RXFX Surrounds~250's Rears~180's Front Presence~BK XXLS400 Sub~8033C AntiMode~HarmonyOne

Sort of yea when it comes to missing seasons, but not the whole wont scan for movies problem Sad
Well it does scan in a fashion now but dosen't populate with all movies that are in my movies and tv folders and / or it doubles up on content and includes both tv and movies in the same libary so i have to manually go through removing them, i've checked for double sources but there is none and also done the clean libary function but still no help in removing them, anyway enough of my problems good luck in trying to get it sorted mate
9.1 Cinema Room htpc with Kodi Matrix & emby server~Epson EH-TW9300~Homemade 8ft pj screen~AVR~Yamaha RX-A3070~Speakers~Monitor Audio RX6 Fronts & RX Centre~RXFX Surrounds~250's Rears~180's Front Presence~BK XXLS400 Sub~8033C AntiMode~HarmonyOne

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Wont scan movies0