Toslink adapter XBMC on a Mac Mini
Hello. I've been trying to connect my old Creative Inspire 5.1 to my XBMC Mac Mini but haven't managed to make it work. I bought the Toslink adapter, cause I had read it should work, and connected the audio output of my Macmini to the Creative Inspire Control via Optical Cable. No results, though. When I plug the toslink adapter in the volume on the Mac Mini becomes uncontrollable (that is, I can't neither put it louder or silenter, it always keeps soundless)

Anyone can help?

Thanks
If it switches to where you can't control the volume then it should have switched to optical as you can't control volume through that output. I'm not sure what model you are using but I'm not finding one that supports optical. The TosLink adapter may allow you to plug it into a 3.5 mm jack but it doesn't convert it from optical. However, you can get just a standard 3.5mm headphone cable to connect them but I don't think it will give you Dolby Digital just stereo.
(2012-11-06, 18:54)creativeflip Wrote: Hello. I've been trying to connect my old Creative Inspire 5.1 to my XBMC Mac Mini but haven't managed to make it work. I bought the Toslink adapter, cause I had read it should work, and connected the audio output of my Macmini to the Creative Inspire Control via Optical Cable. No results, though. When I plug the toslink adapter in the volume on the Mac Mini becomes uncontrollable (that is, I can't neither put it louder or silenter, it always keeps soundless)

Anyone can help?

Thanks

What does the Toslink adapter do? I use optical out to my surround receiver connected with a standard toslink-spdif cable. Have you changed Audio output setting to optical within XBMC, also check audio settings in MacOS system settings. I use an older Core2duo Mini with Lion.

Hope this can help you!

Rgds,
Me
@ Mobilizer
The adapter allows you to connect a standard optical cable to the 3.5mm audio jack on the Mac Mini which doubles as an optical port. His system preferences are recognizing that he is using optical (That's why he can't control the volume).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Toslink adapter XBMC on a Mac Mini0