Windows 8 xbmc and SMB
I upgraded to windows 8 from windows 7 on my main desktop which holds all of my shares including movies tv show ect. Because I did a clean format all my shares were deleted as was the drive letters of the drives the shares were installed on. I changed all the drive letters back (although I don't think it matters for SMB) and re shared all my folders the same as before. I went to my HTPC expecting everything to work normally except it sayid file not found ect for every file. I figured out it could not seem to connect to my shares even though they were there. It would ask for a password and user name which I ended up typing in my outlook account ( Microsoft account ) and password as that's how you log into windows 8 and then I was able to access my shares. The funny thing is underfile sharing on my windows 8 pc passwords were turned off. The only problem is now when I restart and load up the widnows 7 HTPC if I try to play a movie it says that the file is not found again.... but if I press it again it seems to play!!! very annoying. I tried deleting my sources and adding them again but I cannot seem to fix it. Does anyone have any idea ?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Windows 8 xbmc and SMB 0