[RELEASE] JazzRadio.com XBMC addon (Updated 24th August 2014 : V3.0.1)
(2014-06-29, 19:26)bitcrusher01 Wrote: I've just updated this plugin, and updated first post in this thread to list the changes etc.
Hope this solves the problems for people out there.

I am missing something............I can not get it to update in XBMC and do not see a link to an updated version of JazzRadio............
What am I doing wrong?

ANSWER:

https://github.com/Bitcrusher/Jazzradio-com-XBMC-plugin
oh no.. 'due to licensing restrictions in the UK... you can't listen to this anymore'..

too bad

Bitcrusher: I just saw you reply to my original post quite a number of months ago. sorry for not replying then, as we'd spoken off-forum I'd forgotten to check back here.
cheers

EDIT: in case anyone's interested in the full error message, it's something more like:
'due to licensing restrictions in the UK jazzradio.com internet radio chanels are only availble to stream through our official site and mobile applications. please visit jazz radio.com to continue streaming and and find our free apps for iphone ipad, android, etc'
Another issue has appeared.... channel art is not downloading...
MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
Thank you for the JazzRadio add-on for XBMC 13.1.

I have been using ver 3.0.0 of the add-on with very satisfactory results until about a month ago. The first thing to go was the JR channel art. I no longer have the icons (channel art), just the generic XBMC media icon for each channel. Then, more recently, my premium subscription to JR that was being handled just fine seems to be being ignored (40.00kB and commercials).

This all works when I go to JR directly with a web browser. Any help would be appreciated. Bht2nd
It appears that my premium subscription (256 kB, no commercials) is now being recognized again. I installed XBMC 13.2 in the meantime so do not know if the correction is related to that, some action being taken by JazzRadio web site, or something else. Channel art is the same... XBMC default icons.
(2014-08-24, 17:56)Bht2nd Wrote: It appears that my premium subscription (256 kB, no commercials) is now being recognized again. I installed XBMC 13.2 in the meantime so do not know if the correction is related to that, some action being taken by JazzRadio web site, or something else. Channel art is the same... XBMC default icons.

Hi there - sorry the late answer.

Is the missing icons still an issue? Using a fresh install of the plugin v3.0.1 myself, I see the icons.
Have you tried using the "Force refresh cache" in the plugin settings? It should download any missing icons - but it replaces the icons if the file is not on disk and the it can't download it from the website.

Otherwise check the content of the XBMC addon settings folder - you should the channelart .png files:
Windows: %appdata%\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\plugin.audio.jazzradio.com
Linux: ~/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/plugin.audio.jazzradio.com
Hello Bitcrusher,

thank you for the great AudioAddict addons!

Regarding the missing icons issue: DI and RadioTunes are working fine but JazzRadio makes trouble.
Here is a screenshot:

The folder ".\userdata\addon_data\plugin.audio.jazzradio.com\" then contains *.png images that all have a size of 0 KB.
After deleting the images and starting xbmc (and the addon) again it shows the error message from above again and regenerates the 0 KB images.

Version 3.0.1 of your addon probably fixes the issue but this version is not available through the XBMC.org addons repo.

JazzRadio 3.0.0
XBMC 13.2
Hi guys

It seems the updated version, v3.0.1, never was made available to XBMC users - I've asked the XBMC staff to look into it.
@Bitcrusher any idea why JazzRadio won't play with the XBMC default music player?
It works well though with the DVD player.

I'm currently using JazzRadio version 3.0.1 with Gotham 13.2 on an iPad and found playing JazzRadio with the XBMC's default player caused it to crash XBMC. Post #23 in this thread by KS gave a log with the same problem and he found a work around using the DVD player.

Cheers Smile

Shark1959
@shark1959: sorry the late answer
No I don't know why it won't play on iOS - have you tried the DI.fm or Radiotunes plugin, just to see if they work? They all have the same codebase.
Smile 
(2014-10-19, 22:13)bitcrusher01 Wrote: @shark1959: sorry the late answer
No I don't know why it won't play on iOS - have you tried the DI.fm or Radiotunes plugin, just to see if they work? They all have the same codebase.

@ bitcrusher thanks for the reply, I just tried playing both DI.fm and Radiotunes as you suggested and they both played fine using the default player. Tried playing Jazz,fm again and it crashed XBMC as before, so I tried playing it again this time choosing the DVD player option and it worked perfectly. Nice to know that option works, as a work around. Strange

Cheers Smile

Shark1959
running jazzradio on kodi xbmc on US firetv and had no problems until I ra
n the TVaddon custom wizard. Now crashes xbmc when I try to select something to play. I saw that there may be a fix but not find it. any ideas? I really like this add on.
(2014-12-23, 02:00)beefaraoni Wrote: running jazzradio on kodi xbmc on US firetv and had no problems until I ra
n the TVaddon custom wizard. Now crashes xbmc when I try to select something to play. I saw that there may be a fix but not find it. any ideas? I really like this add on.

Instead of using the default player, did you try as was suggested and use the DVD player option instead?

Cheers Smile

Shark1959
Every attempt to play a stream with this plugin, causes xbmc (13.1) to crash. I have tried the DVDplayer method with no luck. "could not find next file in the stream" is the error I'm getting when i try that.
(2015-01-12, 17:14)jaidee Wrote: Every attempt to play a stream with this plugin, causes xbmc (13.1) to crash. I have tried the DVDplayer method with no luck. "could not find next file in the stream" is the error I'm getting when i try that.

What are you running XBMC on? Not sure if upgrading to the most current version 14 HELIX would help. I see you are a little behind with your updates.

It was one of my favourite channels but they no longer allow it to play in Canada unfortunately. Sad

Cheers Smile

Shark1959

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] JazzRadio.com XBMC addon (Updated 24th August 2014 : V3.0.1)0