Switching to Frodo nightly -> Movies are playing slowly
Hello,

I am using XBMC 11.0 Eden for quite some time now and everything works perfectly fine. Full HD MKV playback via network is perfectly smooth, even that my hardware is not so powerful:
- Intel Atom D510 CPU,
- Point of View mobo
- nVidia GeForce 8400GS with DirectX 9 (DVI to HDMI)
- 2GB DDR2
- Realtek HD audio (5.1 via analog channels)
- Intel SSD HDD
And I am running it on 64 bit Windows 7 Pro (and 64 bit Windows 8 since they are out).

So I tried to switch to ver. 12 (Frodo) nightly build and noticed that all my movies are played like in slow motion. You can see every frame for some seconds before the next one loads up...

So my question is: Will Frodo require better hardware? Or is this happening because it is still in heavy development?
I can also append debug info if someone needs it...

Thanks and best regards,
-iks
try switching your sound outputs in settings this happened for me and it turned out i switched to another output option and it ran smoothly again go into settings then system then audio output

i set mine to HDMI instead of analog and just flicked through them i also noticed i got my menu sounds back to because they weren't working

(2012-11-07, 18:08)iks1 Wrote: Hello,

I am using XBMC 11.0 Eden for quite some time now and everything works perfectly fine. Full HD MKV playback via network is perfectly smooth, even that my hardware is not so powerful:
- Intel Atom D510 CPU,
- Point of View mobo
- nVidia GeForce 8400GS with DirectX 9 (DVI to HDMI)
- 2GB DDR2
- Realtek HD audio (5.1 via analog channels)
- Intel SSD HDD
And I am running it on 64 bit Windows 7 Pro (and 64 bit Windows 8 since they are out).

So I tried to switch to ver. 12 (Frodo) nightly build and noticed that all my movies are played like in slow motion. You can see every frame for some seconds before the next one loads up...

So my question is: Will Frodo require better hardware? Or is this happening because it is still in heavy development?
I can also append debug info if someone needs it...

Thanks and best regards,
-iks
Are you using WASAPI? If so try Directsound mode. I suspect problem is the Realtek driver working with the implementation of WASAPI in Frodo, please post a debug log to pastebin and post the link to it here.

protocol77: It worked! Thank you... Smile My little silent box is up and running again... Smile

jjd-uk: I see what is going on here... Its something wrong with audio API in Frodo... I will go post debug logs...
(2012-11-07, 20:19)protocol77 Wrote: try switching your sound outputs in settings this happened for me and it turned out i switched to another output option and it ran smoothly again go into settings then system then audio output

i set mine to HDMI instead of analog and just flicked through them i also noticed i got my menu sounds back to because they weren't working

Thanks for this, I was pulling my hair out! Worked like a charm Big Grin

(2012-11-07, 20:19)protocol77 Wrote: try switching your sound outputs in settings this happened for me and it turned out i switched to another output option and it ran smoothly again go into settings then system then audio output

Thanks for the screenshot XD I wasn't sure what all those options were so I didn't really want to touch em. Unchecked em all and now the random movies that wouldn't play audio are playing it fine now!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Switching to Frodo nightly -> Movies are playing slowly0