Recordings Menu Vs. SMB Share
I have been configuring an old box with tvheadend with 3 x clear QAM tuners and an hdhomerun prime with cable card. I only have the clear qam tuners setup so far.

1. I have noticed that playing back recordings via samba allows very quick skipping through the video. The skipping when playing from the recordings menu is very slow by comparison. Does any one know a way to speed this up?

2. I also have directory monitor script to immediately run comskip(in wine) on any new recording. This turns out very well because I end up with EDL files for XBMC to cut out commercials immediately when the recording completes. The recordings menu will not pick up the edl files. Is it possible for xbmc to detect and use these files under Live TV recordings? I currently use a samba share on the box for the recordings so I can use the edl files with xbmc. This works great but it is a less intuitive for others using this install.

3. anyone know a way to scan tvheadend recordings into the local database?
my files look like this "30-Rock.E117.ts". Series title with absolute episode number. I also record in TS so there is not embedded mkv metadata.
I added a custom regex for absolute ordering to detect these but TVDB does not match their absolute orders. I would honestly rather convert them to S??E?? or ??x?? but I am not sure the best way.

Thanks for any replies.
I think this is something that we will hope to improve in future. Our plans are to start providing the file based streaming via HTSP rather than HTTP, at least for those clients that support it (XBMC will need some tweaks but will eventually support it I hope).

This will hopefully make the streaming of in-progress recordings much easier and will allow us to better integrate livetv, timeshift and recordings (in-progress or not).

I forget whether there is an FR in for adding EDL support, but I think it should be relatively easy to add as long as we follow some simple naming convehntions, like replacing the .ts/.mkv with .edl etc.. (to make the matching easy).

With regard to importing stuff, ask in #hts, one of the devs (linuxstb) wants to do that very thing. But not sure he's gotten around to it yet. It should be relatively easy to do off-line with some (python?) scripting.

Adam

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Recordings Menu Vs. SMB Share0