Looking for cheap/free client to use with my XBMC server, ideas?
I have a XBMC computer in my living room that is filling up fast with our entire dvd collection and its freaking awesome. I love having all the dvds at my instant disposal. I built it up with spare parts I had laying around (a few hard drives, older P4 3.2ghz cpu, 4 gigs of ram, decent radeon video card, etc).

Now I'm quite poor right now (out of work for long term sucks hard) but I really want to install a client in my bedroom for my disabled wife. She suffered a brain injury many years ago and loves our tivo because she can watch and rewatch her favorite shows over and over again when she is going to bed. I need to get rid of the tivo though, just want to save money. Plus now that we have all our dvds on my media server, I want to be able to watch them in the bedroom and have it so that my wife can watch them too.

I don't need much of a media client in my bedroom, we only have a crappy old SD tube style tv in there that only uses analog connections (red/white audio-yellow composite input)..

What is the best solution so that she could watch her shows in the bedroom easily and cheaply? I really don't want to do a 360 only because I'm sick of how they keep dying and breaking down.

Wait a minute, would an old modded original Xbox with XBMC work? I do have a couple of old xbox 1s in my basement. I could probably easily enough soft mod it and put xbmc on it if that would work.
Yes. Xbmc4xbox.com not the most current version I believe. Good luck
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
Maybe the Rasberry Pi is worth a look? It is cheap and a lot of people seem to be sticking xbmc on it with success.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Looking for cheap/free client to use with my XBMC server, ideas?0