LIve-TV Channel Switching Behaviour
Hi,

I have a question regarding Live-TV channel switching behaviour:

When I press UP or DOWN in **fullscreen**, the channel switch is triggered immediately, resulting in a 5 second hang on my DVB-S2 setup. Is there any way for UP+DOWN to instead bring up the channel info OSD at the bottom of the screen, and browse channels there with up+down, and switch to the new channel once I press OK? MythTV frontend calls this browse mode.

If this is not possible, could there be an option added so that when you press UP or DOWN in fullscreen, live-TV is minimized and you get the channel list, and can browse there? I will try to emulate this by remapping keys/remote buttons, but I think for future versions a nice and clean option would be good. Immediately switching channels without confirmation induces long delays on most DVB systems and is not desireable in most circumstances.

And by the way, I'm really impressed with how smooth the PVR support is, it is just so nice to use with my mythtv backend, I can't wait for the Frodo release so I can go into production, wife will be pleased :-)

Thx and have a nice day!
Read this thread. Its being implemented
Guide to building an all in one Ubuntu Server - TV(vdr),File,Music,Web

Server Fractal Designs Define XL, Asus P5QL/EPU, Dual Core E5200, 4gb, L4M-Twin S2 v6.2, Supermicro AOC-USAS-L8I, 1*SSD & 13*HDD drives (24TB total) - Ubuntu Server
XBMC 1 ASRock Z77E-ITX, G850, 8GB RAM, SSD, BD - Ubuntu / OpenElec frodo
XBMC 2 Revo 3700 - OpenElec frodo
XBMC 3 Raspb Pi
(2012-11-08, 13:00)charlie0440 Wrote: Read this thread. Its being implemented

My apologies, should have read the development forum. Thanks for pointing me there, and for the good news! Cool

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LIve-TV Channel Switching Behaviour0