• 7(current)
Movie Sets Collection Grouping for Video Database Library Custom Sort Order Filters?
sho Wrote:Starting a new thread, KNOWING there is another will get you nowhere.
If an existing dev was interested enough to prioritize this feature, it would probably be implemented already. (I would love it for sure).
Of course any code contribution towards this goal will be favorably considered.

http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/4781

Sorry for starting a new thread about this.

I just hope to see another approach, rather than having to use Genres. I will give it a try and see how it works out. I guess as one's movie collection grows rather large, it's inevitable that you start dividing it up into smaller views.
Can I group my movies into Box sets? Looking to have one box cover for sets like LOTR, Transporter, Fast and Furious, Indiana Jones etc.

My PCH mainboard took a crap so I just set up an old pc as an htpc and am using the Aeon Stark skin until I get the mainboard back.

On my PCH the skin I use lets me do this and then puts a flag on the cover art letting me know there are more movies behind that selection.

Thanks.
Not currently, no. You might be able to work some magic with a smart playlist. Check out the wiki.
Question 
I tried searcing for "Episodic Movies", "series movies", "Harry Potter", and multi part movies, but couldn't find a relate thread, so please dont jump if it's been covered.

How do you get Movies that are series movies to display correctly? In particular Harry Potter.

I have all 5 harry potter movies, but they don't sort correctly in my showcase view due to the names not falling in order. Is there something I can stick in the NFO files to adjust this, or maybe changing the folder names? I don't want to put "Harry Potter 1 yadda yadda, Harry Potter 2 yadda yadda....etc for file names because it'll look odd in the list. Would just putting a # in the folder name be enough to correctly sort the movies?
Board: Zotac ION-A-U Case: M350 Mini ITX Memory: 4GB Patriot PC6400 OS: XBMC on OpenELEC.tv build 6936 on a Corsair 32GB SSD Media Storage: W2K8 running on 14TB RAID 5 on an Asrock board w/ AMD Athlon X2 250 and PERC 6/I controller w/ 8 Samsung HD204UI Green drives Time to interface from power switch: 22.4 seconds.
Harry Potter 1
Harry Potter 2 etc

is the only way I know of doing it in a main view.

Another option is to use a genre tag in the nfo file called Harry Potter, which then makes them all available under the Harry Potter genre. As far as I know, this still does NOT put them in the correct order. There is some discussion on the boards here - http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...t+order%22

and here

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...22&page=10

A Smartplaylist may help, but the result is still based on a naming convention. Hope this helps.
ZOTAC IONITX-D-E Intel Atom N330 Dual Core 1.6 GHz NVIDIA ION with LIVE on SSD (now updated to Nvidia Shield Pro (P2897)
I thought about doing it like that, Harry potter 1, 2 etc... but then you loose the full name. I tried renaming the folders to Harry potter 1, 2, etc...but that of course has no effect on the listing. Looks like I may have to try editing the names and see if that takes effect.

What would be nice is if there was some logic that said that if there were movies with very similar names, that it sorts first by name, then by year.

Edit: Just ended up doing it your way.... it kinda sucks but it works. I have it like this:
Harry potter 1 and the sorcerers stone
Harry potter 2...
Harry potter 3... etc.

Thanks for the info.
Board: Zotac ION-A-U Case: M350 Mini ITX Memory: 4GB Patriot PC6400 OS: XBMC on OpenELEC.tv build 6936 on a Corsair 32GB SSD Media Storage: W2K8 running on 14TB RAID 5 on an Asrock board w/ AMD Athlon X2 250 and PERC 6/I controller w/ 8 Samsung HD204UI Green drives Time to interface from power switch: 22.4 seconds.
Maybe some good news on this. JMarshall is planning on redoing the video db and I believe I read that this is on his 'to do' list. (Don't quote me on that).
I wave probably posted this here several times in this thread, but people just don't seem to read before asking.
One possible option in the meantime is to use mixed xml/url nfo files to affect the alphabetical sorting of media files.
Using Harry Potter as an example:
Code:
<movie>
    <title>Harry Potter 1: Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone</title>
</movie>
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0241527/

Code:
<movie>
    <title>Harry Potter 2: Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets</title>
</movie>
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0295297/

I am not saying this this will fit everybody's needs, but if people are really desperate for this feature, this is one method to achieve this.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
sho Wrote:I wave probably posted this here several times in this thread, but people just don't seem to read before asking.
One possible option in the meantime is to use mixed xml/url nfo files to affect the alphabetical sorting of media files.
Using Harry Potter as an example:
Code:
<movie>
    <title>Harry Potter 1: Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone</title>
</movie>
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0241527/

Code:
<movie>
    <title>Harry Potter 2: Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets</title>
</movie>
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0295297/

I am not saying this this will fit everybody's needs, but if people are really desperate for this feature, this is one method to achieve this.

I haven't seen this before - great.

So, if the title is named "Harry Potter 1", it will display "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone"?? Should the title "HP1" be named through the GUI or should the actual file be named "HP1"?? (the wiki isn't that clear. Thx
ZOTAC IONITX-D-E Intel Atom N330 Dual Core 1.6 GHz NVIDIA ION with LIVE on SSD (now updated to Nvidia Shield Pro (P2897)
No, the entire string:
"Harry Potter 1: Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone"
Will be shown in the library, it's not perfect, but hey!

You can replace the "Harry Potter 1" with anything that will cause the movies to sort together (such as HP1).

If you don't like that, you will have to wait for a possible future solution (which may or may not come).

This is an nfo file, so movie.nfo will do with any recent version of XBMC (9.04 or later at least), given that the movie is in it's own folder.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Best thing to have is a field in the database for grouping, so Alien, Aliens, Alien 3, Alien Resurrection all have the group "Alien Quadrology" or whatever. You could then either decide to group movie sets or not in the main view. Maybe if they were already grouped then the sort order becomes less important.

TMDB stores sets of movies so its possible to automatically scrape these(i'm not sure if the API covers that yet but will find out).
sho Wrote:No, the entire string:
"Harry Potter 1: Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone"
Will be shown in the library, it's not perfect, but hey!

You can replace the "Harry Potter 1" with anything that will cause the movies to sort together (such as HP1).

If you don't like that, you will have to wait for a possible future solution (which may or may not come).

This is an nfo file, so movie.nfo will do with any recent version of XBMC (9.04 or later at least), given that the movie is in it's own folder.

Well that ruined my arvo - seemed too good to be true.
Actually, having the ability to list something in the nfo and display it as something else through the miracle of XBMC would be a good way to get custom sorts. Guess we'll have to wait and see what JM comes up with.
Question 
Hi all

I was just wondering if XBMC supports grouping movies together in Sets.
Considering for example the starwars series, could i have one entry in my library, and when i select that i see a "submenu" with the six movies in them.

I've searched around a bit, but couldn't find anything.
Question 
Quick question: I have all of my DVDs ripped as IFO/VOBs. In some cases, these DVDs are part of a box set, or a multi-disc title. In XBMC, how do I go about modelling that? At first glance it looks like stacking is sort of similar to what I want, but there's mention that stacking doesn't work with DVDs. Is there any way to model this kind of hierarchy of content in the video database?
Question 
Hi,

i use XBMP/XPMC since the first days it came out on my xbox, but never used the libary.

So i tought its time to give it a chance and as now in HD times i change my xbox to a HTPC. I have all my stuff on a Windows Home Server and it works great.

I know i'm new here and other people are here since years. Let me say it as it is - if your new you have to say nothing. Espacily in the open source section its like - "you don't have to use it" or "learn programming and make your own stuff". If its like that - please developer life your software an your hdd and don't put it in the web to get something for your ego.

I do websites and i saw this in so many communitys. Thats why i turned my back to Joomla, Drupal and all this stuff. A community is for helping and getting things better and no for telling other people "I know how to do it".

Ok, that was just generally stuff. XBMC is great and i honor all developers.

But since days i try to figure out how to get my collection into the libary and i stuck.

Lets take the "James Bond Ultimate Edition Monster-Case". That means: 1 BoxSet, 20 DiscSets with 2 DVDs, 40 DVDs.

Or "Jurassic Park - The Ultimate Collection". One DiscSet with 4 DVDs

Or "The Arthur Askey Collection". 1 BoxSet, 6 Discs.

A BoxSet is a box with more than 2 DVD cases.
A DiscSet is 1 DVD case with more than 1 Disc.

I think we need something (or i'm the only one?) for BoxSets and DiscSets.
So if you hit a BoxSet you see all the DVD cases that are in there.
If you hit a DiscSet a popup is showing and asking you if you wanne play Disc1 or Disc2 or Disc3.

In the .nfo we need an option to say don't show Disc3 in the Movie-Libary cause its a speacial feature disc. But something that shows as in Disc1 and Disc2 this disc is part of "James Bond Ultimate Edition Monster-Case".

So it would be nice to have at the HomeScreen "BoxSets".

Another great thing would be, lets call it, MovieRows. So for James Bond, Jurassic Park, Die Hard and so on.

And one more point would be "Categories". So for Sports, Documentary, Demo Discs. I don't wannt do show up "THX Ultimate Demo Disc" or "Ronnie Coleman - The Cost of Redemption" or "IMAX - Coral Reef Adventure" under Movies.

Ok, enough for now. I hope my english is not to bad and nobody gets me wrong. And i hope i'm not the only one who needs this stuff. If you need something how i imagine how to sort the films, i make a map (picture).

Hopefully somebody listens to a community-newbie.
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movie Sets Collection Grouping for Video Database Library Custom Sort Order Filters?3