Tablets with hardware acceleration ability using XBMC
I realize that there are quite a few tablets that are currently compatible with XBMC, but was hoping to create a list of known tablets that have hardware acceration enabled and working properly with Android XBMC.

I've played around with XBMC with a A10 tablet, but needed to push all streams to an external player (DICEPlayer/MX Player) and use S/W mode to stream correctly.

My understanding is that XBMC should work with hardware acceleration with Amlogic 8726 builds (M1, M3 and MX/M6). Can anyone vouch for tablets that they have that work properly with hardware acceleration. I'd be especially interested in tablets with dual core CPUs (such as the MX/M6, Tegra 2/3, RK3066, OMAP44xx, etc.)

Thanks,

smithmal
Good afternoon. I recently bought a Honda V811 tablet on the CPU and graphics cards Amlogic Mali 400. How to understand the hardware acceleration or not? Where it is visible at PLAYBACK? Version of XBMC Pivos start.
My understanding is that if you are using an XBMC build that has hardware accerleration enabled, it is on as default. You should be able to go to into settings and note that the video rendering menus are grayed out disallowing you the ability to switch from hardware to software video rendering. At least this is what was posted in the link below:

http://www.futeko.com/forum/index.php?mo...ad&id=5098
I'm using a HW accelerated XIOS build from October linked below:

http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-android/do...pk&can=2&q=

I have been able to run this using a tablet with the M6/MX version of the Amlogic chip (dual-core Onda vi40) but have a couple questions:

1. Is there a way to tell if HW accerlation is enabled or since I'm installing a HW accelerated apk it can only play/stream videos with HW acceleration?
2. When playing a HD mkv file, I only see a quarter of the video. How can I force XBMC to show full screen video?
3. When pushing the video to an external monitor (TV), I get no video but hear sound. Is there a setting that needs to be enabled to fix this?

Thanks,

smithmal
OMAP 4430 - Kindle Fire
5fps for SD
Hi,
are there any plans to support TI OMAP 44x0 hardware acceleration (e.g. KFTT) for android xbmcs like MX- or Dice-player do?

thx
f
freaksworth is not connected to or in any other way affiliated with XBMC, Team XBMC, or the XBMC Foundation.
Nook Tablet with Jelly Bean. Full speed SD, responsive touch screen, IM SOOOO IMPRESSED. Way better than it was on my iPhone. Way to go guys!!!!! Ill install it on my Nexus 7 and Samsung Note 10.1

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Tablets with hardware acceleration ability using XBMC 0