Long delay after startup before we can watch Live TV or a Recording
Is anyone else experiencing quite a long delay between starting XBMC and being able to watch Live TV or watch PVR recordings?

The delay seems to be related to the PVR Manager starting up, which seems to get detail for every single recording from the backend before anything related to PVR functionality will work (deduced from the apologies that pop up on the screen when trying to do PVR related stuff).

I need Live TV to be as straight forward as an actual TV for it to pass the WAF test. Needing to wait 20 seconds after XBMC starts to navigate to anything is not currently passing the WAF test, especially since we didn't need to wait to navigate through to start watching recordings with the existing myth:// protocol support (albeit the time to get to the list of recordings is probably the same, we weren't blocked from navigating to the recordings).

My long term setup is hopefully going to be.
1) Turn on TV
2) That wakes up the HDMI amp and sends HDMI cec signal that in turn starts XBMC on the HTPC.
3) XBMC automatically starts LiveTV for the last channel that was selected

Any ideas for what could be done to make step 3 faster? Currently it's about a 30 second delay. I'm not sure why the PVR Manager needs the list of recordings to tune to a TV channel that it already knows about.

Use MythTV for recording TV? Try the integrated MythTV support in XBMC Media Center. Now with commercial skip support built-in and integration with the Movie database!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Long delay after startup before we can watch Live TV or a Recording0