Live TV picture quality
Hi

I am running a single seat xbmc/tvheadend combo on Ubuntu 12.04 which is an i5 3570k/8gb ram/ 128gb ssd.

I have a tbs6981 TV tuner installed.

I am using the onboard HD4000 graphics, but have some issued with live TV.

The picture appears to create image drag, which when watching fasts action sports or films is really annoying.

I have tried changing settings, turning on and of hardware support, syncing to display, a/v sync but to no avail.

The recorded TV plays back fine without this issue.

I have also got xbmc pvr installed on a windows machine, but this displays live TV fine (core 2 quad, 8gb ddr2, gt9500)

Is this likely to be my onboard graphics? I hope not because I reasonable small case that will only accept low profile cards and can't get many of them.

I'm using the xbmc pvr build from pulse eight btw

Thanks for any help

Much appreciated

:-)
Do you have Deinterlace video turned on?

Bring up the onscreen menu whilst watching a channel > video settings > Deinterlace video set to auto : Deinterlace method set to Auto select : Video scaling method set to Bilinear. (these are my settings that I'm happy with anyway)

Go down to Set as default for all videos to apply this setting for all video playback or go back and make changes to settings on a channel by channel basis.

Hope this helps your issue.
I have a comparable system (see below), Celeron G530 with Intel HD Graphics (not even HD4000 !, just "Intel HD graphics") and Ubuntu 12.04 - there is no problem ! Even HDTV works fine and without hassles. I can do multiple task like watching a movie, recording livetv and encoding videos in background without any problems (did I mention that XBMC and Intel CPUs rock ? :-)

My Video settings are: Deinterlace: auto, method: Bob, scale bilinear (there are much more options if you have a better graphics card installed, but these settings are okay). In System->Video I activated glsl shaders ..

I guess that you have chosen a video setting (scale or deinterlace method) that overcharges the gpu ..

Greetz

LastCoder
HTPC Specs: Silverstone GD05B Case, ASUS P8H61-M LE/USB3, i5-3470S, GT1030, 8 GB RAM , 2 TB HDD, iHOS104 BluRay Drive, TT DVBS2-1600, Sony PS3 BD Remote control
PS3 BD Remote Control Daemon for Kodi/Linux
UNCHAINED Demo Group
Thanks for the reply lastcoder

I am away at the minute and have not had a chance to test the settings you advise

Will return on Monday and try it

Thanks for your help
I always use Bob Deinterlace with LiveTV.

I've never been able to get a deinterlace method to give an image quality/smoothness like Bob does. Or, at least, I don't really like the others.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Live TV picture quality0