Changing Thumbs in post September Nightly builds
Hi in the latest nightly build I'm unable to change thumb to banner type in tv shows, posters work fine!
Changing movie thumbs works fine!
This doesn't seem to affect the september build (xbmc-12.0-Frodo_alpha5-x86-repack.dmg)

OS X 10.8.2
12.0-ALPHA7 GIT:20121108-3B7A2AB
Central MySQL database (72)
http://pastebin.com/kdqwRMnq
Present in both Confluence and Aeon MQ 4

If any more info is required, please let me know.

Regards,
Confluence shows both wide and poster views for tvshows, so yes, more information is definitely needed.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

These are the steps I take to reproduce problem

In Confluence
select tv shows
change View: to wide icons
press i and select "choose art" select poster, choose any poster
now if i try repeat this process but this time selecting a banner has no affect on the thumb and the poster remains.

Regards,
"This time selecting banner". Where? In the choose art dialog?

Why do you think it has not worked? The banner is set again when you go into choose art next time, right?
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

"Where? In the choose art dialog" Yes from the choose art dialog

"Why do you think it has not worked" for me after changing to a poster I can't get back to a banner

I guess if you can't reproduce my problem then it must be unique to my install

Thanks anyway

You're not changing TO a poster, you're changing the poster image.

You press "Choose Art" and then it asks you wish art you wish to modify. Each item can have different types of art associated with it, so a tvshow can have either a banner or a poster or both, as well as fanart.

(2012-11-11, 05:58)fattoony Wrote: "Where? In the choose art dialog" Yes from the choose art dialog

"Why do you think it has not worked" for me after changing to a poster I can't get back to a banner

So you go into "choose art" and chose a poster. If you chose a view that uses posters to view your shows are you seeing that specific poster?

Now if you go back to that show and select "choose art" and select a banner... Do you not see that specific banner you chose when you view your shows in a view that uses banners?

XBMC now uses both art types depending on the view you choose to display the shows.
"So you go into "choose art" and chose a poster. If you chose a view that uses posters to view your shows are you seeing that specific poster"

yes

"Now if you go back to that show and select "choose art" and select a banner... Do you not see that specific banner you chose when you view your shows in a view that uses banners"

No, I'm seeing a poster with its proportions constrained to fit the size of a banner.

I think this maybe a database problem, I don't think this was happening in the September builds (database rev 68)
Again, does the banner correctly update in the Choose Art dialog (the one that lists "banner", "poster" and "fanart") ?

If so, the only issue is that the wide list seems to use the wrong bit of art.

"Again, does the banner correctly update in the Choose Art dialog (the one that lists "banner", "poster" and "fanart")"

Yes within the Choose Art dialog "banner", "poster" and "fanart" the art is updated correctly.

Works fine here, but there may have been some fixes recently (lots of changes recently, and more to come) in this area.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Changing Thumbs in post September Nightly builds0