Remote Control that works with XBMC
Lightbulb 
Firstly, I've just started using XBMC and would like to say thanks to everybody involved for creating such a fantastic piece of software.

I just wanted to mention, just in case anybody is looking for one, that I have just bought the below unbranded PC Remote Control and the basic controls work with XBMC:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Computer-Remote-...401&sr=8-3

I haven't had a chance to look at the indepth features of XBMC yet so not sure that sort of configuration that needs to be done to get the other keys working but even if they can't be used, the remote gives enough functionality to navigate to media and to play them.
Why do the pictures show two completely different-looking devices? Smile
To avoid confusion here is an image on the product in question:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41...AA300_.jpg
I've created the following keyboard map which maps the coloured hotkeys on remote to relevant functions on XBMC (I haven't ripped any movies yet to PC so unable to test that but the notification does appear when I press the Movie hotkey):

<keymap>
<global>
<keyboard>
<one mod="ctrl,alt">ActivateWindow(music)</one>
<two mod="ctrl,alt">Notification(Testing, Movie button pressed, 3)</two>
<three mod="ctrl,alt">ActivateWindow(pictures)</three>
<four mod="ctrl,alt">ActivateWindow(Videos, TvShowTitles)</four>
</keyboard>
</global>
</keymap>
Have a quick question. I was looking into buying this remote as well, do you use windows or XBMCbuntu? Also have you gotten a programmable usb remote to copy the IR signals. This way any Universal Remote that can learn buttons can work? Thanks
You buy that Or you can just download an remote control apps for android market its called yatse its free and save your money..
Yea I have that but its nothing like a actual remote. for example if my phone rings its a hassle to pause the movie when im on the phone.
(2012-11-21, 07:05)jgme Wrote: Have a quick question. I was looking into buying this remote as well, do you use windows or XBMCbuntu? Also have you gotten a programmable usb remote to copy the IR signals. This way any Universal Remote that can learn buttons can work? Thanks

Apologise for delay in replying jgme.

I've used this on my PC running Ubuntu with XBMC downloaded from this sites repo. I also use the remote with my raspberry Pi which runs OpenElec. I can confirm that the remote works with both platforms.

I haven't gotten a programmable usb remote to copy the IR signals.
You can tweak the functioning of this remote using eventghost.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Remote Control that works with XBMC0