Build Advice - A10 5700 Enough for 3D?
(2012-11-13, 05:10)drschoonover Wrote: Basically, just future proofing. The A85X gives you eight SATA 6Gb/s-capable ports, RAID 5 support, and the ability to divide the APU’s 16 lanes of PCI Express 2.0 into a pair of x8 links. Here is an excellent review of the A10-5800k which is the 100w version of the A10-5700. Page 6 talks about the A75 and A85X mobo's.
+1.....as I mentioned in post #4, A85X have more options for future upgrades.....for the same price and brand, the one with more options seems to be a better pick.....

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
(2012-11-13, 05:31)bluray Wrote:
(2012-11-13, 05:10)drschoonover Wrote: Basically, just future proofing. The A85X gives you eight SATA 6Gb/s-capable ports, RAID 5 support, and the ability to divide the APU’s 16 lanes of PCI Express 2.0 into a pair of x8 links. Here is an excellent review of the A10-5800k which is the 100w version of the A10-5700. Page 6 talks about the A75 and A85X mobo's.
+1.....as I mentioned in post #4, A85X have more options for future upgrades.....for the same price and brand, the one with more options seems to be a better pick.....
Why would any of that matter in an HTPC environment? None of these features will have any effect in the lifetime of this HTPC. So why bother?
More is not always better...
Quote from the OP:
(2012-11-11, 09:50)TriNitro Wrote: it will only be used as a media center

Yea non of that matters for me. In a couple of years time when its time to upgrade I have to change out more stuff then the MB anyways Smile
(2012-11-13, 12:29)TriNitro Wrote: Yea non of that matters for me. In a couple of years time when its time to upgrade I have to change out more stuff then the MB anyways Smile
It's up to you to decide.....we just pointed out the different in it......

In case you want to convert it to RAID or Crossfire for full blown gaming in the future, the A85X will allow you to do that......

Quote:In case you want to convert it to RAID or Crossfire for full blown gaming in the future, the A85X will allow you to do that......

As many of us catch the HTPC bug we find we end up building multiple systems and sometimes the parts you buy for one HTPC will end up in another. Also after building a HTPC, a lot of people go on to build a NAS as their collection grows. So what Bluray and are saying if the price is the comparable, why not go with the piece of equipment that offers the most versatility.

Since the Asrock was out of stock on the stores I usually order from I went with a MSI FM2-A75MA-E35 instead. So today when I finished work I had some time over so I started putting some small stuff together. I put in the memory and then the cpu, followed by the heatsink. After that I just connected the PSU to the motherboard and hooked it up to the Panasonic P65V50 just to get a look at the temps. Dont wanna put it all together in the case just to find out I somehow messed up the mounting of the heatsink and have to pull it all out again Smile
Anyways I didnt get any picture from the TV. First start connected with HDMI I just got weird colors all over the screen and when I rebooted it was just black. Tried it with a HDMI-DVI but had the same result. I then hooked it up to a regular Samsing monitor and with that I saw the bios nps and could see the temps was looking decent, ~35 degrees on the CPU. Tried both HDMI and DVI with the Samsung and both worked nps.

It got late so I didnt have time to troubleshoot anymore for tonight but anyone got a clue what might cause it not working with the TV? The weird colors usually indicate some problem with the graphics but why only on the TV and not the Samsung Monitor?
Tomorrow I guess I'll start with installing Windows and see if that makes any difference.
Today I tried to plug it in the old 50" Panasonic and then I got picture, although it was a weird one that overlapped. I then connected it via VGA to the old screen and all was fine so I installed Windows 7 and tried again with HDMI, same thing with the screen overlapping. Then downloaded the latest drivers for chipset/gfx and it fixed the view inside Windows atleast. So when I plugged it back into the 65" Panasonic with HDMI its still a weird looking screen before it gets into Windows but once its there its all good. Maybe something MSI can fix with a update for BIOS, we'll see.

I'll just post a picture of what the BIOS looks like for you Smile Temp is a bit high because I'm experimenting with the fanspeeds.

The black to the left is the size of the stuff thats on the right side but gets cutoff.
(2012-11-26, 03:37)TriNitro Wrote: It got late so I didnt have time to troubleshoot anymore for tonight but anyone got a clue what might cause it not working with the TV? The weird colors usually indicate some problem with the graphics but why only on the TV and not the Samsung Monitor?
Tomorrow I guess I'll start with installing Windows and see if that makes any difference.
Since you haven't update AMD CCC driver, it might not have proper driver for HDMI.......after you installed the latest AMD driver from here- AMD Driver Autodetect, you can try it again.....

Since both of your HDTV and mobo have VGA, you can use it to update all the software and switch to HDMI afterward. I bet HDMI will work fine afterward....
You might have missed my last post since it was just before yours but yea HDMI in Windows works good now atleast. Now its just the BIOS that would be nice to behave properly, but thats not a major concern since its not that often I have to go there anyways Smile
Yes, you clicked post reply a couple ticks ahead of me.....it is all good then....
(2012-11-13, 20:12)drschoonover Wrote:
Quote:In case you want to convert it to RAID or Crossfire for full blown gaming in the future, the A85X will allow you to do that......

As many of us catch the HTPC bug we find we end up building multiple systems and sometimes the parts you buy for one HTPC will end up in another. Also after building a HTPC, a lot of people go on to build a NAS as their collection grows. So what Bluray and are saying if the price is the comparable, why not go with the piece of equipment that offers the most versatility.

+1
(2012-11-26, 22:23)ibramadhan Wrote:
(2012-11-13, 20:12)drschoonover Wrote:

+1
You might be posting the wrong thread bud!

(2012-11-27, 00:14)bluray Wrote:
(2012-11-26, 22:23)ibramadhan Wrote: [quote='drschoonover' pid='1237384' dateline='1352830363']

+1
You might be posting the wrong thread bud!

[/quote

lol,
sorry, that was ment somewhere eles ?Huh

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Build Advice - A10 5700 Enough for 3D?0