Season TBNs ignored
I do have the latest nightly and labeled things like you said. It didn't like my nfos. Only way I got it to show my images was by deleting my current nfos.
(2012-11-13, 01:06)jmarshall Wrote: And yes, season01.jpg is not and will not ever be read.

season01.tbn is read, for backward compatibility purposes. Else season01-poster.jpg (for posters) and season01-banner.jpg (for banners) and season01-fanart.jpg (for ... fanart)

Cheers,
Jonathan

I couldn't find any wiki on this subject regarding changes in season tbn to jpg with -poster or -banner etc. Is there anywhere I can find info

Also, how long with season01.tbn be kept in for backwards compatibilityHuh

I ask as I use an external program to scrape this info, and if the change is made to drop .tbn ......hmmm....

Also, if .tbn is dropped, will i be ignored?? so we can still have .tbn with out -poster.jpg / -banner.jpg for older XBMC versions??

Thanks

Rob
Media Companion Dev.
Media Companion - Kodi / XBMC - Media Companion
.tbn is irrelevant IIRC its just a jpeg with a renamed extension.

uNi
(2012-11-14, 23:21)uNiversal Wrote: .tbn is irrelevant IIRC its just a jpeg with a renamed extension.

uNi

Yep, this I knew, but I use Media Companion to scrape tv shows and this will need to be modified to create the new file types, but also keep the season01.tbn for older versions of XBMC

So just looking for clarification on IF backwards compatibility will be kept.

Also a question comes to mind, if I have
season01.tbn
and
season01-poster.jpg
season01-banner.jpg

will new Frodo XBMC select -poster.jpg over season01.tbn??
Media Companion Dev.
@ this stage in frodo the backwards compatibility is kept as jmarshall said, so It's safe to assume since frodo is on feature freeze that this wont get changed anytime soon. Your really on the verge of a beta release and only bugs fixes probably going in.

I cant answer your other Q's but doesnt it make sense to only use jpg?

uNi
It won't be changed anytime soon. If anything, it'll be at least the release AFTER Frodo before this changes, and it'll only be changed if we remember and the code is pissing us off enough that we rip it out :p
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

(2012-11-15, 01:00)jmarshall Wrote: It won't be changed anytime soon. If anything, it'll be at least the release AFTER Frodo before this changes, and it'll only be changed if we remember and the code is pissing us off enough that we rip it out :p

LOL, Fair enough.

one more question.
Apart from seasonxx-poster.jpg stuff, what about fanart.jpg and folder.jpg

I ask as I just tested with latest nightly and my banners are not displaying. Has this changed also.

And I answered by own question in testing XBMC 12 Beta 1, if -poster.jpg exists, then .tbn is ignored, else use .tbn.

Thanks again.
Media Companion Dev.
tv shows:
poster.jpg
banner.jpg
fanart.jpg

seasons:
seasonxx-poster.jpg
seasonxx-banner.jpg
seasonxx-fanart.jpg

season-all-poster.jpg
season-all-banner.jpg
season-all-fanart.jpg

season-specials-poster.jpg
season-specials-banner.jpg
season-specials-fanart.jpg

episodes:
<episodename>-thumb.jpg
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
@jmarshall

In testing, I believe the backwards compatibility of seasonxx.tbn if good, BUT, there is no backwards compatibility for folder.jpg

Where under a TV Show you had
tvshow.nfo
fanart.jpg
folder.jpg

Now
banner.jpg and
poster.jpg
are read by Frodo, but if these do not exist, Frodo doesn't pick up the folder.jpg as the default.

Can I ask this is included in next beta? It would make backwards compatibility complete.
(2012-11-15, 01:23)ronie Wrote: tv shows:
poster.jpg
banner.jpg
fanart.jpg

seasons:
seasonxx-poster.jpg
seasonxx-banner.jpg
seasonxx-fanart.jpg

season-all-poster.jpg
season-all-banner.jpg
season-all-fanart.jpg

season-specials-poster.jpg
season-specials-banner.jpg
season-specials-fanart.jpg

episodes:
<episodename>-thumb.jpg

And are episode.tbn also changedHuh

I hunted through the changelog for the latest alpha's and could'nt find any info regarding these changes. Can someone point me to this?

Thanks.

Rob
Media Companion Dev.
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pulls/jmars...ate=closed

Thats' just jm's bunch there's other ppl committed a few things.

enjoy the hunt

uNi
@jmarshall

Is it possible to have Frodo fall back to old naming convention if new naming does not exist?

You've set fall-back for seasonxx.tbn but in testing there is no fallback for
folder.jpg
or SxxExx.tbn

In testing, Frodo pulls missing episode thumbs from the internet, but does not pull a poster or banner.

And I have two systems that do not connect to the internet, as well as one on Camelot and another on Dharma. AND before anyone says upgrade to latest XBMC, these systems run their XBMC perfectly and are not up to hardware specs for Eden.

Backwards compatibility is required please. And I hate to sound like a whining prickle.
Media Companion Dev.
"Frodo doesn't pick up the folder.jpg as the default."

If that is true, it's broken. But I don't believe you until you prove it by providing a sample filesystem that allows it to be reproduced.

Same with <episode_filename>.tbn.

The ONLY thing I removed was support for <foldername>.tbn and some of the more esoteric versions of season art.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

@vbat99

if your folder.jpg is a banner, you need to switch to a view in the skin that supports banners, the 'wide icons' view in confluence for instance

if your folder.jpg is a poster, switch to a poster type view in the skin.

failing to do so, will indeed show nothing in the skin.

as for the SxxExx.tbn, they still show up fine on my end.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Just tested, and folder.jpg, season01.tbn, <episode>.tbn all work perfectly.

OK, Retested after deleting "userdata" folder and adding source again.

Yes, Frodo picks up the episode.tbn if episode-thumb.jpg is not present. (face-palm) Don't know why it didn't before.Blush

BUT, I can confirm it doesn't find folder.jpg if banner.jpg or poster.jpg is not present.

I am testing with only one show, with dummy files for the videos (as in 0KB filesize)

If you want I have zipped the folder up and can PM you a link to my zip file.

And, thanks again. Only want to make XBMC bullet-proof for idiot's like me.Nod
Media Companion Dev.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Season TBNs ignored0