How do I make additional buttons on my Panasonic remote work?
Both ways mentioned to get the media buttons to work failed for my N2QAYB000100 remote (TH-50PX77U). I don't even see it mentioned in the instructions manual. At least the other buttons work and I can live with that.
Hi, I got a different remote without the bottom power button. How do I make it work?

Does it work with all CEC device? I am thinking Chromecast in my mind.
Quote:*Power* + *7*, *3*, *Stop*
I tried that on my remote and now it isn't working anymore in XBMC at all... (not even the keypad that was working before)

How do i reset my remote to default ?

My TV is a Viera VT60 but i don't know the model of the remote... may be n2qayb 000777
(2014-12-15, 05:43)anarchoi Wrote: I tried that on my remote and now it isn't working anymore in XBMC at all... (not even the keypad that was working before)

How do i reset my remote to default ?

My TV is a Viera VT60 but i don't know the model of the remote... may be n2qayb 000777

These button presses are described in the manual (for the TV). It's probably best to check there exactly which codes are supported.
i don't have the manual anymore Sad
Are you kidding? You do know this is the internet right?

https://www.google.com/search?q=viera+vt...1&ie=UTF-8
edit: got it fixed now
I just got my Pi2, and the extra buttons on my remote doesn't work (play, pause, stop, etc). I tried the codes, but nothing. I have a th-42px80 plasma and the remote is N2QAYB000239.
Nothing in my manual. Any ideas, please help!
(2015-06-11, 22:46)gurabli Wrote: I just got my Pi2, and the extra buttons on my remote doesn't work (play, pause, stop, etc). I tried the codes, but nothing. I have a th-42px80 plasma and the remote is N2QAYB000239.

The buttons forwarded are decided by the TV, so nothing Kodi can do if buttons are not forwarded.
You can enable debugging and look at end of ~/.kodi/temp/kodi.log to see if button is forwarded (or use the keymap editor add-on).

Most likely they are not forwarded. It is possible there is a menu option or magic button sequence that enables forwarding (you want to enable "DVD" mode or similar). Try changing any options in the "Viera Link" menu on TV. But that is a TV question not a Kodi question and it may just not be supported.
(2015-06-12, 12:51)popcornmix Wrote:
(2015-06-11, 22:46)gurabli Wrote: I just got my Pi2, and the extra buttons on my remote doesn't work (play, pause, stop, etc). I tried the codes, but nothing. I have a th-42px80 plasma and the remote is N2QAYB000239.

The buttons forwarded are decided by the TV, so nothing Kodi can do if buttons are not forwarded.
You can enable debugging and look at end of ~/.kodi/temp/kodi.log to see if button is forwarded (or use the keymap editor add-on).

Most likely they are not forwarded. It is possible there is a menu option or magic button sequence that enables forwarding (you want to enable "DVD" mode or similar). Try changing any options in the "Viera Link" menu on TV. But that is a TV question not a Kodi question and it may just not be supported.

Thanks! I believe it has nothing to do with Kodi, but others with Panasonic TVs managed to make the additional buttons work with the proper keypress combination. For some reason, these are not working for me, but I believe they should.

Maybe I should contact Panasonic directly for help? Not that I think they would be of too much help...
(2015-06-12, 13:58)gurabli Wrote: Thanks! I believe it has nothing to do with Kodi, but others with Panasonic TVs managed to make the additional buttons work with the proper keypress combination. For some reason, these are not working for me, but I believe they should.

Maybe I should contact Panasonic directly for help? Not that I think they would be of too much help...

It's worth asking. On my Panasonic VT50 the magic remote presses are documented in the manual.
I did check the manual for your th-42px80 and the section is not present. That suggests the feature may not be supported on your model.
(2015-06-12, 14:02)popcornmix Wrote: It's worth asking. On my Panasonic VT50 the magic remote presses are documented in the manual.
I did check the manual for your th-42px80 and the section is not present. That suggests the feature may not be supported on your model.

Yes, I have also checked the manual and nothing related to this is present:(
Last chance is to check with Panasonic directly, if not, then I will use my Harmony remote (which is btw much better then the TV remote).

Thanks for your support on this!
I had a similar problem with one of my Panasonic remotes. I ended up just mapping the green and red buttons to play/pause and stop.
I have a Panasonic TV connected through an Onkyo receiever, the setup has been working flawless since I reinstalled going from Openelec to OSMC yesterday. Nothing in my setup has changed other than that, keys are being forwarded to the TV, all keys except for all the playback keys (stop, play, pause, skip and fastforward etc). These keys now won't work at all, can't see them in the log or the keymapper addon, I can only see the TV is receiving the button pushes since the LED is flashing as always.

What has changed in Kodi going from Openelec to OSMC and now I'm faced with this very annoying issue?
Did you try the steps from post 18 in this thread? Can you test without the Onkyo and see if the issue persists?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How do I make additional buttons on my Panasonic remote work?0