Submenu back button
The one really annoying thing about XBMC that I really really hate is that when I press the back button while in a submenu it takes me all the way back to the home screen. Like, if I'm in a TV Show's folder, then I click on a season of a show and go through the list and find that I've watched them all, or I really dont feel like watching it after all, clicking back send me ALL the way back. Instead what has to be done is scroll all the way to the top of the list and click on the "..." option.
This doesn't happen on either of my Win32/Openelec boxes with the 2012-11-09 nightlies and default confluence skin.

This could be skin specific, or if you're using a remote, the remote might be sending the 'escape' when you press the back key when it should be sending the 'backspace' key?
As vexation stated above, whichever key you are using as "back" is mapped to the PreviousMenu function (equivalent to keyboard Escape) instead of the Back function (equivalent to keyboard Backspace).

You can remap that button by creating a keyboard.xml (wiki) file in your userdata (wiki)/keymaps directory with the following contents:
Code:
<keymap>
  <global>
    <keyboard>
      <your-back-button>Back</your-back-button>
    </keyboard>
  </global>
</keymap>
If you already have a keyboard.xml (wiki) file in your userdata (wiki)/keymaps directory, just add the
Code:
<your-back-button>Back</your-back-button>
statement to the <global> section of your existing keyboard.xml file.

To identify the name XBMC uses for your "back" button, do the following:
  1. Enable debug logging in XBMC (System/Settings > System > Debugging > Enable debug logging)
  2. Press the remote button you're using for "back" several times
  3. Exit XBMC and locate your debug log (wiki) (xbmc.log)
  4. Open the xbmc.log file with a text editor and scroll to the bottom of the file and work your way back up until you see the log entries indicating your "back" keypresses. Make a note of the name XBMC uses to identify your button.
  5. Use that button name in place of <your-back-button> and </your-back-button> in my example above.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Submenu back button0