scam in my area?
killerkid68: Please sort it out directly with the person you have a beef with. It has nothing at all to do with XBMC.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

################
Then he's an idiot. That doesn't entitle you to spew a bunch of what looks like private communications on these forums.

Now sort out whatever your issue is offline, and let's get back to discussing XBMC.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Apologize to all about post before but I ran in to a YouTube video and Twitter of the n2box guys claiming quote "n2Box XBMC & Android @n2Box 25 Nov n2Box running world's ONLY XBMC 12 Frodo on Android as a completely integrated Android Launcher! "
Is this true?

lies, all lies I tell you.
Sorry two more questions this person also claimed he was a android engineer ok what does that have to do with xbmc second what is the site rules for YouTube links I would like to post one if allowed so you can see what I talking about
It's just marketing. These kind of people and boxes are just going to pop up more and more as XBMC for Android gets more stable and works on more hardware. People are going to try to sell these boxes, and they're going to try to put their own spin on it to help it sell better. It's not quite a "scam" (in that it is a box that can run XBMC), but it is lying and being deceptive to help increase sales. I wouldn't worry about it or pay it much mind. I admit that this thread has been entertaining, but there's not much else to touch on for this.
It must be bittersweet for the devs to know XBMC has gained a lot of attention with the android port but then to see it abused and labeled as free tv/movies by scum like n2Box.
I do apologize for all aful previous post but thank you for reassurance by the way isn't it a simple app to make xbmc a launcher ?
XBMC already has the ability to launch Android apps directly from within XBMC
I know always done it with my phone but google n2box xbmc launcher watch the YouTube video isn't this just a fancier way of doing it?
Manufactures that try to take credit for xbmc developers hard work and efforts should be exposed
Please no lynch mobs folks. Manufacturers are perfectly welcome to take XBMC code and market it however they like, so long as they abide by the GPL. That's what the code is there for. If some manufacturer pushes the piracy angle, so long as we don't suddenly get swarmed with questions about why "XBMC" broke when some pirate server goes down or otherwise get the Foundation connected with the piracy of others, we don't really care what the manufacturers or the users do.

Likewise, so long as the copyright at the top of each source code file keeps saying Team XBMC, we don't really care what kind of ridiculous marketing assertions they make, so long as those assertions don't suddenly cause the Team any problems. The marketer might not win many friends among the Team, but not every open source organization necessarily has to be friendly. That's just how life is.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
scam in my area?0