Mac OS Compatible TV Tuners
Hey Guys, In regards to the soon to be released XBMC 12 Frodo, I'm looking into buying a TV tuner for my Mac Mini Dedicated HTPC.
Does anyone have any recommendation of compatible TV Tuners for the MacOS X MythTV Backend. I've noticed it really doesn't support much?

Is it worth my while just making the switch over to a Linux Distro on my HTPC and running TVHeadend or MythTV backend on that?

or

Is it possible to run a networked machine running Linux with an attached Compatible TV Tuner and have all recordings scheduled and recorded onto that box, and essentially stream all recorded content onto my XBMC PVR frontend on my mac htpc?

Is this just a very nice idea for the future or is it actually in the realm possibility for a IT Savvy Guy without any programming skills?

Thanks for any feedback guys.
I've got Mac OS X as well, and while I haven't looked that closely at MythTV, I figured it was just better to get something else to run TVheadend. I ended up using a $20 black PogoPlug running Arch Linux ARM (turned out to be pretty easy to set up) and a Hauppauge 950Q. Works great, and can also function as a NAS.
(2012-11-12, 20:42)Ned Scott Wrote: I've got Mac OS X as well, and while I haven't looked that closely at MythTV, I figured it was just better to get something else to run TVheadend. I ended up using a $20 black PogoPlug running Arch Linux ARM (turned out to be pretty easy to set up) and a Hauppauge 950Q. Works great, and can also function as a NAS.

Thanks Ned, I'm starting to think this is what I will end up doing when I setup PVR in my home, dedicated machine with a couple of tuners will do the trick.

Out of curiosity when you use the live tv function how is playback when you're streaming it across your network? Will it be ok with 100mb/s LAN or should I use Gigabit?
For one or two devices streaming HD Live TV at the same time, 100mb/s should be okay.
Awesome, Thanks for the info Ned!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mac OS Compatible TV Tuners0