Timeout when playing movie from NAS
Hello guys

I have a jailbroken apple tv2 and i am all of a sudden experiencing problems when playing movies from my iomega NAS

What happens is that when i start to play the movie the "loading" icon shows and after some time i get a "operation timed out" message. If i keep doing this it will eventually play but it takes several tries.
The odd thing is that i am now also experiencing the same thing when accessing the nas using my MacBook Pro. I can browse the folders on the nas but when i try to copy anything (for instance a small subtitle file) or play a movie the response time is very long and after some time it will copy or play.
However it works flawlessly from my pc and also when using the firecore media explorer.

Does anyone know that the problem can be? I really prefer using XBMC as my main media center but at the moment im forced to use firecore untill i can get this fixed Sad

Thanks in advance
Is it accessed via samba? post a debug xbmc.log (wiki) please.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
thanks for your reply

here is the log:

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=14323

the file i tried to play was smb://NAS_Server/movies/Serier/Dexter.S07E02.HDTV.x264-EVOLVE.mp4

i tried a few times and it failed but eventually it played
Please try it by using the IP of the NAS instead of the netbios name (netbios resolving often gets wonky in windows networks...).

Did it work before? Did you change anything?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
hi, i have exactly the same problem.

I think it´s like the system go degradated by time and use.

I hope give more information, and i try get the log of mi machine.

thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Timeout when playing movie from NAS0