XBMC USER GUIDE FOR BEGINNERS
Hello community,

My name is Andreas and recently I have been learning how to setup Xbmc for my computer and home theatre. In the beginning I found it hard to understand the program.
I know there are many others out there who are experiencing the same thing, so i decided to make a user guide to help beginners out.

Here is a preview of my beginners user guide for XBMC.

I hope you guys like it. If you fell this will be helpful, then please comment and I will finish the guide and post the whole thing.

GUIDE LINK

http://www.filehost.ws/2093dtnmwtxj

.pdf

nope.
@ andreast Welcome to forums Big Grin

If you want anyone to look at your guide your going to have to post it in a blog or somewhere that doesn't require a .pdf or any kind of download file to view it.

I dont think anyone is going to download that and open it on their computers.

uNi
Add it to the wiki.
huh? You guys are weird if you're complaining about it being in a PDF...
(2012-11-12, 19:11)Ned Scott Wrote: huh? You guys are weird if you're complaining about it being in a PDF...

Indeed. I see no issue here but the fact there is no joined effort to create one awesome document instead of every one creating their own.

But I do support the effort so stick with it and make it a good one Smile
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
I just checked it out myself, and it looks very nice! Looking forward to the rest.
Please provide the source files. We get people doing these guides periodically, and they almost always go away after a while with the guide unmaintained.

If you want it to be useful, then please provide the source files so that others can contribute to it.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I'm working on something, but my wiki skills are nigh on non existent, If there's stuff that I can use Ill use I would need some help on wiki lesson cause some parts are impossible to edit or seemingly impossible.

So ya I would like to see this guide without having to jump through more hoops, maybe even find someone to collaborate in this as I am a bit Image

uNi
The wiki is pretty tolerant of raw HTML markup tags, so if there's ever something you don't know, you can normally just use HTML formatting. I do need to make a better primer on XBMC wiki-specific formatting stuff (we have a few templates that aren't "standard" that should help formatting, etc).
Yea If I can see the stuff being edited I can adapt it otherwise formatting is a pita however would like to use some standards of what you guys use so at least the style is consistent :

I dont want Ned chasing me Image Image with the wip.

uNi
I have no problem with a .pdf either but when I tried to download it the site tried to stick me with some other program..
Thanks for the comments Guys. I really don't mind finishing off this basic guide. So what would you all recommend me to do, document or wiki type site?
Either is fine, as long as others can contribute in the case you want to take a break Smile
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Just release it under the CC-BY-SA license (it's like open source for media and it ensures that you get credit for your work): http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC USER GUIDE FOR BEGINNERS0