• 17(current)
Confluence Modified
@Martihn: Not wishing to argue, but if I go to a movie and click "Download Art" it starts to download everything and not just the current movie (bug, perhaps?) plus it writes whatever it finds to my filesystem using unusable filenames (not including the movie it relates to - I know this is by design, but still...) despite the "Download" option not being enabled in settings (bug, perhaps?). It didn't even use the local clearart.png/logo.png files I have in the root of each TV show folder, it downloaded it's own versions from the internet. Just my experience of course, I'd like your addon to have been a keeper but unless it can support movie name prefixes, stop writing to my file system when instructed not to, and is better able to efficiently use local files when they are available it's not worth the hassle.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2013-04-01, 14:16)MilhouseVH Wrote: @Martihn: Not wishing to argue, but if I go to a movie and click "Download Art" it starts to download everything and not just the current movie (bug, perhaps?)
That's what I call a bug in the skin for not properly passing the correct arguments to ONLY download for that particular movie Smile
Not my fault if not integrated properly.

Quote:plus it writes whatever it finds to my filesystem using unusable filenames (not including the movie it relates to - I know this is by design, but still...) despite the "Download" option not being enabled in settings (bug, perhaps?). It didn't even use the local clearart.png/logo.png files I have in the root of each TV show folder, it downloaded it's own versions from the internet. Just my experience of course, I'd like your addon to have been a keeper but unless it can support movie name prefixes, stop writing to my file system when instructed not to, and is better able to efficiently use local files when they are available it's not worth the hassle.
What you call unusable filenames "cleart.png" has been the standard since two years.
What "download" option? Screenshot perhaps.
I can include an option to include prefixing movie names.
Efficiently use of local files has been there now for several months. It will always prefer local artwork if you have it like it the common filename convention.
https://github.com/XBMC-Addons/script.ar...63ff1da831

to keep this thread on topic better continue this in the AD thread if you have any questions/suggestions Smile
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2013-04-01, 14:24)Martijn Wrote: That's what I call a bug in the skin for not properly passing the correct arguments to ONLY download for that particular movie Smile
Not my fault if not integrated properly.

Ha, well it was Confluence Modified... Smile

(2013-04-01, 14:24)Martijn Wrote: to keep this thread on topic better continue this in the AD thread if you have any questions/suggestions Smile

Agreed (sorry toiva).
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
If you launch AD from videoinfo you only download for the selected movie, if you run the batch download from skin settings it'll download for every media type.

It should not be possible to bulk download via videoinfo.
(2013-04-01, 14:59)toiva Wrote: If you launch AD from videoinfo you only download for the selected movie, if you run the batch download from skin settings it'll download for every media type.

I am (was) running it from videoinfo (Info panel -> Download Art button) for a specific movie, and I would have to abandon the run as it was processing unrelated movies, even writing their clearart/logos to the file system when this wasn't a selected option.

(2013-04-01, 14:59)toiva Wrote: Since the download button is under skin settings what did you think it would download?

When I use that option, I expect it to check all existing movies/tvshows/whatever (and download new items). I don't have a problem with that, just the Info panel button.
@toiva
How do you run it from infodialog?
<onclick condition="Container.Content(tvshows)">XBMC.RunScript(script.artwork.downloader, mode=gui, mediatype=tvshow, dbid=$INFO[ListItem.DBID])</onclick>
<onclick condition="Container.Content(movies)">XBMC.RunScript(script.artwork.downloader, mode=gui, mediatype=movie, dbid=$INFO[ListItem.DBID])</onclick>
that seems the correct way indeed.
@toiva
it only triggers one download for you?
could be that if somehow ListItem.DBID is empty it then switches to full download.
Debug Log might tell whats going on
I haven't touched that part of the code since the beginning and i haven't had any issues with the gui mode. All the artwork types update correctly.

Milhouse obviously knows that cache part much better than me so i don't know what else (if any) extra files it downloads.
I'd suggest parking it for now guys, it's based on my memory from a few weeks ago so I really need to get back to AD and test again/re-confirm behaviour, but I can only do that once this potential firmware issue is resolved - I don't want to update my current cache in case it renders that particular issue unreproducible.
Well i did take a quick look and it is running awfully lot of update queries into the database although i only downloaded 1 logo via gui mode for Bourne Legacy. Looks to me like it's updating poster, fanart and actor thumbs along the logo to name a few.

http://pastebin.com/8YNbdvKk

Don't mind the unmatched parenthesis, the one time i forget to run phil65's tool it actually would have found something Tongue
only one that has to do with the script
Quote:17:12:04 T:4571394048 DEBUG: JSONRPC: Incoming request: {"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "VideoLibrary.SetMovieDetails", "params": { "movieid": 131, "art": { "clearlogo": "http://assets.fanart.tv/fanart/movies/49040/hdmovielogo/the-bourne-legacy-505a698e6b26a.png"}}, "id": 1 }

and that one seems correct so i see no issues Smile
the others i have no idea
Right beneath is this, so this is nothing to worry about?

Quote:17:12:04 T:4571394048 DEBUG: JSONRPC: Calling videolibrary.setmoviedetails
17:12:04 T:4571394048 DEBUG: JSONRPC: Type mismatch in type
There should be option to abandon full artwork downloading. I have run it once, and wouldn't been able to interrupt it.
At the risk of being a big pest here, can you please address the issue of whether or not you can adjust the timing of the background switching when using multiple backgrounds? It's far too fast, so if it's not possible now, can you please add a setting?
  • 17(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Confluence Modified4