PVR and Remotes
I'm using aeon mq4 skin with fortherecord (argus) pvr and I've got my remote set to call up the guide when I press the guide button. Problem is I can't find a simple way of pressing a button and making it go back to watching whatever you were doing before. Ideally you'd want it to act in a similar way to the guide function on a TV, for example: you're watching TV, press guide to see what on later that evening, you then press guide to return to what you were watching. Currently I can't actually get back to what I was watching before at all.

I can use any of the json commands to set up my remote, and could even use some logic and state if necessary. Be interesting to know if anyone else is having the same issues and may have resolved them. I know I'm probably jumping the gun a bit here and after the frodo release some of the interface issues with the integration of PVR will be looked at, but I'm so close to using xbmc and ftr as my main set top box and stop using the tv tuner altogether.
I could only point you in the direction of remote.xml (and keyboard.xml - search wiki for more info)

You should be able to tweak it so pressing guide when viewing guide = ex back or fullscreen.
managed to do a bit more digging, and it looks like it's not possible at the moment. It can be done for PVROSDGuide, but not EPG (I suspect there's no symbol defined for the EPG).

If I'm wrong it would be good to know.
it depends on which EPG dialog you popup. There is the OSDepg and the EPG within the main PVR window (the one with timeline and everything). The EPG within the main PVR window (that's what is popping up with "e" by default) doesn't have it's own window identifier in keymaps, so you can't change the keymap for it. The only thing you can do is to map "e" to the OSDepg when in fullscreen playback and also map "e" to close the OSDepg again in according keymap section.
Thanks da-anda,

I've tried every option I can think of and I can't get it to work. I'll try again after Frodo is officially released.
most likely still won't work then as it requires to change the way the PVR windows are handled (from what I found out) - and such changes won't go in for Frodo now that we're in beta stage.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PVR and Remotes0