Add shoutcast top 500 to my videos
i can't seem to login to sf.net right now to post a fr, so i'll put this here and maybe someone can point out the holes in the idea that my foggy noggin missed. (i did at least manage to check the fr history first.)

i was reading this thread in the scripts forum and realized that there was nearly this functionality in xbmc already.

there's apparently a feed for top 500 nvs (video) streams just like the shoutcast top 500 for audio that's already in my music. you can find it at http://www.shoutcast.com/sbin....press=1 (take the &no_compress=1 off if you want the compressed version). the idea of the other thread was for someone to make a python script, but it seems like this may as well be something included in the normal interface. nsv support is supposedly already in (though i confess i don't know how to test that), so it would seem natural to me to have a parallel shoutcast top 500 under my videos that references this list.

it seems on the surface at least to be a simple addition, and putting it through a python script appears to have at least a few snags, since python doesn't seem to like underscores and you have to include &no_compress=1 to get a plain text xml feed in order to try the usual parsing that those kind of scripts execute. then again, for all i know it was something that was considered and avoided for a specific reason. (and i've not really worked with python so there's probably a simple workaround i'm missing.)

anyway, what do you think?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Add shoutcast top 500 to my videos0