DVD-ROM drive spin-down?
hi there,

i noticed that when a dvd is present in the dvd drive and it is not used (when for instance playing from hd), it does keep spinning and does produce some noise.

i was wondering if it would be possible to have the dvd drive spin-down after a specific number of minutes just as the hd (or always as long as it is not being used). and thus decrease the noise production while using xbmc.

greetz,

bas
am i then the only one, that would like such a feature?
after about one half of a minute my dvdrom comes completely to a halt... my dvdrom is a soldered pc-dvdrom (with signals working) so there might be a difference here..

only reason i can see as to why this is happening is that you've enabled the use pc dvdrom setting.. then complete spindown won't ever happen since it has to access the disc in order to detect its presence...
(spiff @ aug. 29 2005,13:24 Wrote:after about one half of a minute my dvdrom comes completely to a halt... my dvdrom is a soldered pc-dvdrom (with signals working) so there might be a difference here..

only reason i can see as to why this is happening is that you've enabled the use pc dvdrom setting.. then complete spindown won't ever happen since it has to access the disc in order to detect its presence...
oke, i will double check.

thnx,

bas

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DVD-ROM drive spin-down?0