• 3(current)
Philips hue integration or add-on
It seemed like you need the bridge and light setup before you can monitor the actual cpu load. Anyway I went and got me the starter pack, and wow I don't regret it. The CPU load is around 50% with my A10 5700 in ambilight mode. A bit high, but ok.

The addon works great. There is a small (<1 sec) delay in ambilight and occasionally I find some of the colors being selected a bit off (green/blue hue when scene is dark). But I guess this is to be expected.

Anyway, great job on the addon, and I hope we'll see more features in the future (music viz, scene selector maybe)
(2013-10-09, 20:44)nickr Wrote: I don't have cinema experience, but look at it's code (or ask in the cinema experience thread) and find where it starts the preview and insert a line to dim the lights.

What is the line of code to dim the lights? I have both the xbmc hue add-on and cinema experience working separately. The problem is they don't work great together. For example, if cinema experience plays 3 intro videos and a couple of trailers, the lights will dim and restore 5 times in rather short succession. The cinema experience add-on has a script and the wiki indicates where I need to place my code but not sure how to write it on my own. Has anyone else tried and successfully added hue lights to the cinema experience home automation script?
In this addon the call is hue.dim_lights()
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-01-08, 19:58)nickr Wrote: In this addon the call is hue.dim_lights()

You'll have to be patient with me since I'm not a coder.

So in my user data directory > script.cinema.experience , there's a file called home_automation.py
I would insert the line: hue.dim_lights() and that should call the xbmc hue add-on?

Sorry for my need for a walkthrough. Hopefully, I'll learn something along the way Wink
Sorry I thought you wanted a pointer to the code that dimmed the lights so you could trace through it and implement your own code.

This addon is very simple, essentially one file, you will need to read and understand it.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I just installed this add on and it works amazing, I have one little issue with it and I am hoping that someone here can help me out. I currently have 6 bulbs on my bridge and will be adding more in the near future is there a way to set these bulbs in groups. I currently run multiple instances of XBMC in my home and 3 of my bulbs are in the master bedroom where there is an instance of xbmc running and the other three are in the living room where there is an instance of XBMC running I would like to be able to have bulbs 1,2,3 controlled by the ambient lighting in teh master bed room and bulbs 4,5,6 controlled by the XBMC in the living room is this possible to accomplish? If so how do I do it

Thanks Ken
Absolutely. Check the configuration. You can create groups and only use certain bulbs per setup
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
(2014-02-06, 13:55)bry- Wrote: Absolutely. Check the configuration. You can create groups and only use certain bulbs per setup

I could use a few pointers on how to get this setup. I am seeing the options to select I 2 or three bulbs and also group 0, whic controlls all the bulbs how do I go about assigning bulbs to differrent groups.

Thanks Ken
(2014-02-07, 02:48)kenrad Wrote:
(2014-02-06, 13:55)bry- Wrote: Absolutely. Check the configuration. You can create groups and only use certain bulbs per setup

I could use a few pointers on how to get this setup. I am seeing the options to select I 2 or three bulbs and also group 0, whic controlls all the bulbs how do I go about assigning bulbs to differrent groups.

Thanks Ken

trial and error - each change to the configuration will require you to exit and re-start XBMC. best I can do/
I thought groups were set up in the ios/android app?

There is also supoprt here http://meethue.wordpress.com/2013/07/14/version-0-6-0/
Hello,

Sorry for the stupid questions, but I have tried XBMC without sucess a few years ago.

The fact is that today I have 5 HUE in my TV room, and would like to see they work as ambilight, but I do not have a Philips TV.

My questions are: (Sorry, they are really stupid).

1 - What is the best hardware to install XBMC?

2 - I am thinking in a Mac Mini. Is it possible to install this add on XBMC running on OS X? Is it an overkill? Asking that because the objective of this hardware is just stream the computer movies for the home TV, and use ambilight.

Many thanks!
(2014-05-13, 06:03)beze Wrote: Hello,

Sorry for the stupid questions, but I have tried XBMC without sucess a few years ago.

The fact is that today I have 5 HUE in my TV room, and would like to see they work as ambilight, but I do not have a Philips TV.

My questions are: (Sorry, they are really stupid).

1 - What is the best hardware to install XBMC?

2 - I am thinking in a Mac Mini. Is it possible to install this add on XBMC running on OS X? Is it an overkill? Asking that because the objective of this hardware is just stream the computer movies for the home TV, and use ambilight.

Many thanks!

One more question guys:

Do you believe this hardware cam play movies with this plugin?

http://www.amazon.com/G-Box-Midnight-MX2...words=htpc
Dunno, try it and report back. Educate us.
Beze. Get a celeron NUC for a bit more money and you won't have to deal with bs
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
Hi,
is this also possible to use with the Hue ledstrips ?

Grtz
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Philips hue integration or add-on0