• 5(current)
Philips hue integration or add-on
There you go! That's another solution Wink
Hi,

Thanks for all your help so far. Finally got the bulbs, and have everything hooked up correctly. The lights at the front working with ambilight, and the ones at the back dim. I love it, and am very impressed!
Final question though, when I pause the film, or stop it, the lights do not go back to a default colour. Is this something that should happen or can happen, am I missing a setting somewhere?

Thanks

Dan
Hi,

I'm trying to use this plugin but I step into this error every time I try to Find the bridge:

17:54:43 T:4548 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
17:54:43 T:4548 NOTICE: XBMC Hue service started, version: 0.6.2
17:54:53 T:4548 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <class 'socket.timeout'>
Error Contents: timed out
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\Emiliano\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.xbmc.hue.ambilight-master\default.py", line 462, in <module>
hue = Hue(settings, args)
File "C:\Users\Emiliano\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.xbmc.hue.ambilight-master\default.py", line 103, in __init__
hue_ip = start_autodisover()
File "C:\Users\Emiliano\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.xbmc.hue.ambilight-master\resources\lib\tools.py", line 55, in start_autodisover
recv_data, addr = client_socket.recvfrom(2048)
timeout: timed out
-->End of Python script error report<--

Is there anything I can try?
I pressed the button of the bridge before trying to find and also I can access the bridge api debug tool through my browser so it doesn't seem a firewall problem.

I've also tried entering IP manually which connects but I don't know which username should I use.

Thanks in advance.
Question 
Can this plugin work with the competing lights such as LimitlessLED (AKA MiLight/Easybulb)? If not is there another plugin that will work with LimitlessLED lights?

Supplementary question: how does this work with the Cinema Experience plugin? Can the lights dim to, say, 25% for the opening videos/trailers and then dim right down for the feature presentation?

Thanks.
(2014-09-05, 23:02)Chompas Wrote: Hi,

I'm trying to use this plugin but I step into this error every time I try to Find the bridge:

17:54:53 T:4548 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
File "C:\Users\Emiliano\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.xbmc.hue.ambilight-master\default.py", line 462, in <module>
File "C:\Users\Emiliano\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.xbmc.hue.ambilight-master\default.py", line 103, in __init__
File "C:\Users\Emiliano\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.xbmc.hue.ambilight-master\resources\lib\tools.py", line 55, in start_autodisover

I pressed the button of the bridge before trying to find and also I can access the bridge api debug tool through my browser so it doesn't seem a firewall problem.

I've also tried entering IP manually which connects but I don't know which username should I use.

Thanks in advance.

I ran into the same problem after updating the bridge software. If you know the IP address of your bridge, you can hard code that into the function where the error occurs. In this case, it's start_autodiscover() in XBMC\addons\script.xbmc.hue.ambilight-master\resources\lib\tools.py. Just have that function return the IP address of your bridge right away so it would look like this (replacing xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx with the bridge's IP):

def start_autodisover():

hue_ip = "xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx"
return hue_ip

This is a quick hack that solved the problem for me. I don't understand the cause of the timeout.
So I went into the file you talked about and I'm not quite sure if I did it right. I found an existing IP entry in there that looked greyed out and replaced it with my IP. Is that correct or do I need to kill that whole section and add just the code you have above?

def start_autodisover():

hue_ip = "192.168.1.6"
return hue_ip
(2014-10-14, 00:08)mazzydan Wrote: So I went into the file you talked about and I'm not quite sure if I did it right. I found an existing IP entry in there that looked greyed out and replaced it with my IP. Is that correct or do I need to kill that whole section and add just the code you have above?

def start_autodisover():

hue_ip = "192.168.1.6"
return hue_ip

I have the same Problem, could someone help me please? I really want my HUE's to work with XBMC ;3
Hi All,
I had the same problem but I finally found THE workaround Smile

Simply, the ambilight addon is a must have for every Hue users, but lack on "bridge discovery" for some unknown reason (for me).
So, my question was: I really need this auto-discovery? The answer is simple: NO

Philips Hue API is fully open source, so you can control and access to your bridge on your own and do all things that you want!

STEP 1:

Register on MyHue Developer site for full documentation and help (is absolutly free):

http://www.developers.meethue.com

STEP 2:

Follow the guide to discover your bridge IP (if you already don't know it) and the the guide about "How To use the Hue API".

STEP 3:

Simply, create a new user for ambilight plugin (follow the guide "How to create new user") and add it in the ambilight addon settings and...WOW! IT WORKS Smile

It's very simple, if you need any help about that I can try to assist you...but really, follow that official guide and all will works Smile
Trying to get HUE Ambilight installed on a fire tv that is not rooted? Can anyone provide some assistance?
(2014-11-24, 07:54)Txdevildawg Wrote: Trying to get HUE Ambilight installed on a fire tv that is not rooted? Can anyone provide some assistance?

Not really, not if you cannot tell us where in the process you are having problems.

http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Ok, I am normally pretty decent at this stuff. But what am I doing wrong. When I try to install the request add, or the actual HUE add on from GITHUb I just get an error that the zip file doesn't have proper structure. I have followed directions from a number of different places, and it seems like everything I am doing makes sense and is proper, just this error keeps stoping me.
Has anyone else had the problem where in ambilight mode the picture alternates between a black screen and the playing file. The ambilight plugin with my hue led strip was awesome and really wow'ed people but now I have to disable it Sad
(2014-10-05, 04:26)director84 Wrote:
(2014-09-05, 23:02)Chompas Wrote: Hi,

Thanks in advance.

I ran into the same problem after updating the bridge software. If you know the IP address of your bridge, you can hard code that into the function where the error occurs. In this case, it's start_autodiscover() in XBMC\addons\script.xbmc.hue.ambilight-master\resources\lib\tools.py. Just have that function return the IP address of your bridge right away so it would look like this (replacing xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx with the bridge's IP):

def start_autodisover():

hue_ip = "xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx"
return hue_ip

This is a quick hack that solved the problem for me. I don't understand the cause of the timeout.

Thank you so much. That did the trick!
(2014-12-24, 17:24)lewis Wrote: Has anyone else had the problem where in ambilight mode the picture alternates between a black screen and the playing file. The ambilight plugin with my hue led strip was awesome and really wow'ed people but now I have to disable it Sad

I have the same problem. But I'm not using ambilight, I just use the dim function.
At my setup it only applies with 1080p movies, 720p works ok. When the picture alternates between black and movie it seems like the black parts are total loss of video because my tv tells me there is noe signal.
One fix is to disable dxva2. If I do this the black screens are gone, but I lose smooth playback during camera pan and fast movements.

Could it be that the script uses a lot of cpu cycles?
(2015-01-18, 15:58)TomJor Wrote:
(2014-12-24, 17:24)lewis Wrote: Has anyone else had the problem where in ambilight mode the picture alternates between a black screen and the playing file. The ambilight plugin with my hue led strip was awesome and really wow'ed people but now I have to disable it Sad

I have the same problem. But I'm not using ambilight, I just use the dim function.
At my setup it only applies with 1080p movies, 720p works ok. When the picture alternates between black and movie it seems like the black parts are total loss of video because my tv tells me there is noe signal.
One fix is to disable dxva2. If I do this the black screens are gone, but I lose smooth playback during camera pan and fast movements.

Could it be that the script uses a lot of cpu cycles?

Thanks i might try the dxva2 'fix' and see if that helps
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Philips hue integration or add-on0