Android Best android device for running xbmc ?
(2012-12-09, 22:49)lartomar2002 Wrote: Anyone waiting for the delivery oy the OUYA? The specs are good. The developers are supposed to have been coordinating with XBMC developers. I should be getting mine in April 2013. It has a Tegra 3 cpu and runnng Jelly Bean. It will be open sourced and easily rootable. Just thing XBMC and gaming all on one device. You can still pre-order at www.ouya.tv, $95.00.
i'm waiting, and it sounds like I might be waiting till the end of the month probably due to poor shipping on their part.
Hey,

Has anyone else tried playing with odroids? Runs ubuntu, android ICS and JB.
Quad core @ 1.7ghz 2gb ram with optional ssd upto 64gb.
Im trying xbmc frodo with the aim of customising the interface for specific application.

I will repost and let you know how it compares to both x86 and raspbmc 512mb.
Smile Got the G-Box midnight in Canada a couple of months ago.
It came with XBMC installed with a lot of the best video, Fusion and Navi-X configured.
A good plug and play unit!
Guys, Can these run over UPNP, meaning, can i share my windows XBMC library with these devices? Sorry, I dont really know much about them and want to buy one instead of an Apple TV 2, which the only thing i can see between the 2 is Apple TV is a lot more expensive?
(2013-08-10, 17:00)jjmucker Wrote: Guys, Can these run over UPNP, meaning, can i share my windows XBMC library with these devices? Sorry, I dont really know much about them and want to buy one instead of an Apple TV 2, which the only thing i can see between the 2 is Apple TV is a lot more expensive?

Yes and yes.
(2013-08-09, 11:29)derekjxbmc Wrote: Smile Got the G-Box midnight in Canada a couple of months ago.
It came with XBMC installed with a lot of the best video, Fusion and Navi-X configured.
A good plug and play unit!

I just recently bought a Genaitech atv520. For a basic set up it is absolutely plug and play, comes with XBMC installed (no addons tho) and does 1080p without beta builds, without external players, without libstagefright, without issue. It's cheap ($100CAD) and works. Myself and a number of other users seem to have no issues, although streaming via wifi is mediocre, which is to be expected. See thread http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=170791. Ouya looks good too but only one USB port is unfortunate. Everybody's different though!
What about Podoor T518: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69rQ-N2w9jI

Looks a bit promising? Or?
Petter :-)
Many thanks for all the effort YOU all do! THANKS! :-)
nVidia Shield TV (2015), Samsung QE75Q70R and Yamaha RX-V767
@Barefoot:

Odroid U2, XBMC running very smooth, CPU at 10% maybe.
1080p, etc..
Everything working (on cm10.1) except CEC (but i think that's an android issue).
Looking for a little help here,

I've been running XBMC on raspberry pi's using OpenELEC for about 6 months now. Overclocking them allows the performance to be tolerable, but not seamless. Reading this thread and other sources has me looking at android devices because of the beefier hardware and the tolerable cost. I'm torn between the G-Box midnight and the Odroid U2.

I like the idea of spending $100 and being done with the G-Box. The Odroid requires extras (as did my Pi's) which do add up, and would put it over the cost of the G-Box. However it also gives you a little more freedom in application which I do like. I use xbmc as a frontend for mythtv, and a large media collection. I stream everything over NFS from my synology NAS. My house is wired for Ethernet.

Has anybody used the G-Box midnight and found it can handle everything? I have blue ray rips (20 gig files) and HD channels are heavy (up to 3.5 MB/s MPEG2) so if I'm going to be replacing my Pi's, I want it to be able to handle everything I can throw at it with grace. I am not afraid of extensive configurations, tweaks and setups, as long as the hardware is reliable.

Thanks for any direction.
I have the Gbox MX2 Midnight and I find it's played everything so far. I don't have any 20gb bluray rips but my 10 gig 1080p mkv files play fine but I think xbmc only outputs 720p. I've heard that playing them over wireless isn't as good, but I run a wired connection. The interface overall is snappier than I expected. Very functional and good. I thought XBMC and I were done after my Xbox 1, but it's cool being back together again.

I bought this keyboard: http://www.amazon.com/Hausbell-H7-Wirele...UTF8&psc=1

Works fine except for some specific keymap issues that I'll try and fix one day. I'm still working with my files and folders, trying to get things just right as we XBMC users will do.

I run an android smb server on the box and map the 2tb drive I have plugged into it right to my PC. That way I can use my Nexus 7 and ES File manager to fix folders issues anywhere in the house. Works fine with web interface remote apps too. I wanted to build an xbmc box but this little box is too awesome right now. The only major problem is the 1080p and i think they'll be addressing that one. If not, we have custom builds of xbmc (either here now or coming) that should take care of it. It's not a horsepower issue - I can pop out to android and play those files at 1080p fine in Diceplayer or MX Player. Hope that helped. Makes me excited for the future of these boxes.
Bought 2 Ouya's about a week ago.

Xbmc was very easy to install since it's on their app store and it's free.

So far it's a great little box.

've been running 1080P movies and streaming with no problems.

I plugged a usb hub on the Ouya and now I got my mouse and keyboard working too.

Ah before I forget. I installed flash on it and now I'm surfing flash enabled sites with no problems.

So far nice!!!
anyone knows whats the best android stick thats runs xbmc without not many problems.
mk808
mk908
mx1/mx2
cx-919
tronsmart T428
Have any of you guys had any probs with the Gbox Midnight trying to access shared drives over Upnp? My main media pc doesnt seem to be showing up. I think I have all the settings set up correctly. I see the shared drive when using XBMC on either my iPad or iPhone.

Thanks
(2013-09-05, 21:11)ministerjee Wrote: anyone knows whats the best android stick thats runs xbmc without not many problems.
mk808
mk908
mx1/mx2
cx-919
tronsmart T428

I can tell you that it's probably not the MK808. I tried the August 31 Gotham build on my MK808B to test out the hardware acceleration, and it stuttered on every HD MKV file that I tried playing, so it didn't seem to be taking advantage of HW acceleration. I tried the same build on my HTC One (phone), and things played really well.
http://www.hardkernel.com/renewal_2011/p...7510300620

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Best android device for running xbmc ?2