Win Album art aspect ratio
Hi

I'm completely new to XBMC and have only been using it for a couple of days, so far I think it is great but there is one thing that is bugging me that I think I should be able to change but can't work out how.

The album art I am using are JPEG files that I have scanned myself from my own music collection and as such they are not all square as I have some album covers in non-standard sizes such as gate-fold sleeves. The default skin shows the album art with the correct aspect ratio but doesn't seem to support all of the other artwork options. I have tried various other skins that do have this support but all of these seem to resize the artwork so that it is square. Is there a way to use one of these skins but to stop the artwork being resized/stretched?

I've searched the forums and looked through the Wiki but I can't seem to find a way of doing it but from what I have read it seems like it should be possible to edit the skin I just can't work out how to do it.

Any help would be appreciated.
(2012-11-15, 14:36)Hallucyn8 Wrote: Hi

I'm completely new to XBMC and have only been using it for a couple of days, so far I think it is great but there is one thing that is bugging me that I think I should be able to change but can't work out how.

The album art I am using are JPEG files that I have scanned myself from my own music collection and as such they are not all square as I have some album covers in non-standard sizes such as gate-fold sleeves. The default skin shows the album art with the correct aspect ratio but doesn't seem to support all of the other artwork options. I have tried various other skins that do have this support but all of these seem to resize the artwork so that it is square. Is there a way to use one of these skins but to stop the artwork being resized/stretched?

I've searched the forums and looked through the Wiki but I can't seem to find a way of doing it but from what I have read it seems like it should be possible to edit the skin I just can't work out how to do it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hi,
It would be far easier and quicker to delete your scanned .jpg album images and then use Universal Artwork Downloader to scrape (retrieve) album artwork automatically from the internet. These Album images will be the correct size and of good quality.

Universal Artwork Downloader link- http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=133547

Hope this helps.
Hi

Thanks for the quick reply, I did realise that it was possible to do this but to be honest I want the album art to display as it should be on the verison of the album that I own, not an image that has been manipulated or stretched to fit a pre-defined shape.

Also, I'm yet to be convinced with the accuracy of the various scrapers as although they normally find the right artist/album the success rate isn't great when actually scraping the exact version which may be on a different label, have different artwork etc.

At the moment I want to retain control of the artwork/tagging so it has the information that I want in there.
(2012-11-15, 15:04)Hallucyn8 Wrote: Hi

Thanks for the quick reply, I did realise that it was possible to do this but to be honest I want the album art to display as it should be on the verison of the album that I own, not an image that has been manipulated or stretched to fit a pre-defined shape.

Also, I'm yet to be convinced with the accuracy of the various scrapers as although they normally find the right artist/album the success rate isn't great when actually scraping the exact version which may be on a different label, have different artwork etc.

At the moment I want to retain control of the artwork/tagging so it has the information that I want in there.

OK, I understand but unfortunately I can't advise you upon how to edit the .xml codes to suit your needs. Hopefully someone else will be able to help you further?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Album art aspect ratio0