Linux Hibernate and suspend not powering off and hangs
Hi,

I have the Motorola NYXBoard Hybrid remote, and since it has a power button I thought It would be good to configure hibernate and suspend.

You can see the hardware and OS from my signature, and pm-hibernate is installed. When I either, select hibernate/suspend from XBMC power menu or type pm-hibernate in an SSH session, the video goes blank; but not off, and the power remains on; fans and disks spinning. From there, I lose SSH (expected), and no key-press from either the keyboard or remote awake it from its fake sleep.

Is sleeping, hardware or software dependant? If it's hardware I am happy to stop trying already! But, if any one has experience getting this working, I would be happy to hear it.
HTPC RPI3 Kodi 17 (Krypton) v8.0.1 MR
Storage BPI 1x 500GB SSD UPnP server
Display Sony Bravia 32"
I find its both hardware and software dependent. Suspend on my htpc recently stopped working, the problem was a almost full hard disk. My file server recently started doing what you are describing, I traced it to mythtv, but it looks like it has sorted itself out through updates. Powertop suggestions have also stopped suspend working. Check you bios settings and browse the logs in /var/log/ for some clues. Maybe try suspending from a livecd to see if it does work on your system..

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Hibernate and suspend not powering off and hangs0