Which Tuner card? (OTA, Windows and Linux, internal card)
Hello! Not sure if that's the right sub-forum but I have a question about a tuner card.

With the arriving of Frodo and it's PVR features I'm looking to upgrade my HTPC with an internal tuner card to watch and record OTA programs. I'd like the card to be also compatible with Linux (and/or OpenElec) for future-proofing the purchase. Of course, I'd like the card to be the "fastest" possible (if that matters for channel switching? or is it a backend feature?). Budget around 100-120$ maybe... Dual tuner would be enough I guess (it means I can record one channel and watch a 2nd one?)

Thanks a lot!
DVB-T, DVB-C, DVB-S/S2 ? PCI, PCIe ? OTA = FTA ?
HTPC Specs: Silverstone GD05B Case, ASUS P8H61-M LE/USB3, i5-3470S, GT1030, 8 GB RAM , 2 TB HDD, iHOS104 BluRay Drive, TT DVBS2-1600, Sony PS3 BD Remote control
PS3 BD Remote Control Daemon for Kodi/Linux
UNCHAINED Demo Group
Thanks for your reply.

That would be PCIe and OTA I mean free transmission over the air. Should be unencrypted I guess.

For your other questions, I look into it, I'm really no sure! Back in some hours when I sort this out!....

The other one would be "ATSC", which is the signal standard in North America. Europe and most of the world use DVB standards.
I prefer TBS on Linux, recently bought a 6922 (PCIe). Due to their proprietary drivers they might not be packaged into Openelec but not sure what the current status is. Stay away from Tevii. In case you want to try against my recommendations, I have a brand new S471 for which I don't ask much money. It did not work in my Zotac board.
I'm not sure if you can buy technotrend stuff .. but it's quite good stuff, cheap and seems to be natively supported in linux .. they have DVB-T, DVB-S2 and DVB-C adapters .. at least my TTS21600 worked out of the box with ubuntu 12.04 ..
HTPC Specs: Silverstone GD05B Case, ASUS P8H61-M LE/USB3, i5-3470S, GT1030, 8 GB RAM , 2 TB HDD, iHOS104 BluRay Drive, TT DVBS2-1600, Sony PS3 BD Remote control
PS3 BD Remote Control Daemon for Kodi/Linux
UNCHAINED Demo Group
Thanks for your answers! I've checked and the signal would be ATSC. Sounds right? I read that on wikipedia.

By looking at TBS, it doesn't seem to have any card with ATSC.

I've found that the Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-2250 supports seems to support ATSC.Is this model supported under Linux? It seems to be : http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Ha...al_Support

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Which Tuner card? (OTA, Windows and Linux, internal card)0