frodo and MYSQL
Phewww... Glad it is resolved Big Grin
I think I'm getting bitten by a similar issue, though I'm running MySQL 5.0. Am going to install brew and upgrade, as Apple don't seem to care much about maintaining packages.

Can you confirm my understanding of the following:
An upgrade that affects the library structure creates a new catalogue in MySQL?
If I remove the newly created catalogue, it will be recreated when XMBC starts again?
Assuming the above is true, then is there a page that details which catalogues match which version of XBMC?
To answer my own post:
1- Yes; a new catalogue is created
2- Yes; it will be re-created
3- Not that I could find, though in AdvancedSettings.xml, it confirms DB numbers are suffixed. Frodo B1 created xbmc_video72 on my install. The EDEN db version is 60

My issue was that I had previously installed and removed an XMBC nightly build which created xbmc_video64. Frodo was upgrading from the 64 db, not the 60. Fair enough I suppose

I remove all DB's except the "60" and then ran Frodo and all was well with the world. Ah well, at least I got around to figuring out how to upgrade MySQL on by OSX server Smile

As development goes, whenever the db's schema is modified, a copy of the previous db is made and its version bumped, then a"ALTER" and such are applied incrementally.

It doesn't matter what your current version is, it will always be upgraded to latest.
Note that Frodo db version is not fixed yet, as discovered bugs can still impose db bumps.
(2012-11-22, 18:09)ciantm Wrote: Ok, Problem resolved thanks.

Solution - for anyone else who is doing the same thing with a NAS and fun_plug:

Ensure you upgrade to Fun_plug 0.7, and install the slightly higher version of MySql available for it 5.1.6.something which is just enough to get over the TRIGGER issue. Mysql 5.1.58-2 for Fun_plug 0.5 WILL NOT WORK AFTER EDEN.
Many thanks Koying and everyone for your analysis and your time.

I hope this solves a problem for others too!!

All the best,

Cian
Thanks Cian,
it's just what's hapenning to me...
Now I'm looking for a guide for installing Mysql on fun_plug 0.7... I've read all about mysql on fun_plug 0.5 but it not works Sad
Any idea?

Thanks

NaBz
Hi,

Sorry for the delay but I had a NAS failure so I have not been able to check the exact steps. You should install the Mysql version that is available on "slacker" on Fun_plug 0.7, then follow normal Mysql instructions.

Let me know if you have any issues.
Thanks,
I'll try it
(2012-11-22, 18:09)ciantm Wrote: Ok, Problem resolved thanks.

Solution - for anyone else who is doing the same thing with a NAS and fun_plug:

Ensure you upgrade to Fun_plug 0.7, and install the slightly higher version of MySql available for it 5.1.6.something which is just enough to get over the TRIGGER issue. Mysql 5.1.58-2 for Fun_plug 0.5 WILL NOT WORK AFTER EDEN.
Many thanks Koying and everyone for your analysis and your time.

I hope this solves a problem for others too!!

All the best,

Cian

Hey There..

I'm in the process of doing this exactly as you described.. I'm having some issues.. when you installed MySQL 5.1.61-oarm-4.txz, did you have to install any other packages? like uClibc-solibs?.. when I run the mysql_install_db I get an error that libn.so is not found.. in doing some research, it says to also install uClibc-Solibs.. however when I install that, the mysql_install_db works fine, but then when I try to start the mysqld.sh i get a segmentation fault.. and then when I reboot NAS, I can no longer SSH..

Just wondering if you could describe exactly what you did?

1. Remove Fun_Plug 0.5
2. Install Fun_Plug 0.7
3. Using Slacker -i installed mysql-5.1.61-oarm-4.txz ??
4.. what did you do next?

Thanks in advance!
just an update, I was able to successfully update fun_plug 0.7 on DNS-323 and install mysql 5.1.61 successfully.. The problem that I was having, and I'm sure A LOT of people are having is that the installation links for fun_plug 0.7 are all referencing an outdated link for the fun_plug 0.7 tarball for DNS-323 devices. I thought I would post the correct repository so that others can avoid this problem that I have been having for days: http://www.inreto.de/ffp/0.7/oabi/

instructions for installing fun plug: http://nas-tweaks.net/371/hdd-installati...ment-26818 (BUT download the fun_plug from the link above (oabi)

instructions for installing mysql: http://nas-tweaks.net/96/installation-an...-fun_plug/ however instead of using funpkg commands for installing mysql, use slacker -Ui -- and then select the mysql5.1.61-oarm

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
frodo and MYSQL0