Win CLOSED: Crash Report
Hi People

This crash just happened while watching a recorded TV program, I selected information to see what the current time was and the program started tp brack up and stopped fully pixelated.

Caused 15 logs to be generated.

good luck with that!

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=11101

This looks corrupted also?
HP N54L server with 6GB Memory and 10TB storage
Freenas server
HD Homerun twin HD network tuners (awesome)
2 x Pi 512 (B)
Edit

I just replayed the same TV recording and there was a scrambling of teh TV signal @ 1:05:00ish, I had the XBMC folder open and saw the multiple crash logs generated when it reached the scrambled picture, but this time it somehow managed to recover itself from the crashes and has now continumed on. This event caused 19 individual crash logs and 16 on the first report
Freenas server
2 x Pi 512 (B)
You need to provide way more info than that. Version/platform/what you use as PVR backend .............
Crashlog cannot be pasted some where. You need to provided them as a download.
also include your xbmc.log files.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
As Martijn said we need the xbmc debug log file and the *.dmp file and keep the filename as it tells us the version you're using. Otherwise we can't debug it as we need another file which needs to fit the exact version. Hopefully you used a recent version as we only keep the *.pdb files for newer versions here: http://mirrors.xbmc.org/nightlies/win32/
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
(2012-10-21, 16:19)Martijn Wrote: You need to provide way more info than that. Version/platform/what you use as PVR backend .............
Crashlog cannot be pasted some where. You need to provided them as a download.
also include your xbmc.log files.

Hi Gyus
maybe the instructions need to be made clearer as I followed these http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...bug_report using the XBMC Log Uploader, anyway.....

If you had looked at my signature you would have seen the majority of information you required....

Can you explain where I can upload the zip file with all the logs in?

Thanks in advance
Mysticpete
Freenas server
2 x Pi 512 (B)
I never look at signatures.

Dropbox, skydrive, googledrive or whatever upload site there is without logging in for crashreport.

What uploaded seems not to be a Debug Log so no idea how the add-on picked that one
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Hi Guys

Ok I have it all now, I just repeated the error into a fresh set of logs here XBMC Crash Logs
note that the codec managed to get through the errors to resume normal play, however any further action in XBMC will cause it to lock up and not respond, requiring a termination of the program with the usual windows 'program is not responding message, checking for solution'.
Thanks
Mysticpete

WHS 2011 SP1 (64bit) fully updated, Gigabyte MOBO
AMD Phenom II x6 1090T 3.2Ghz; 8GB DDR3
DVBLogic 4.5.1 (suite, Licensed) (Online)
XBMC ALPHA7 Setup-20121020-a6c2d72-master.exe (Online)
DVBLink Pvr Add-on for XBMC v0.0.6 (Enabled)
Freenas server
2 x Pi 512 (B)
Thanks for the logs and dumps as they at least tell where we got stuck. Unfortunately it won't tell how it comes to it and I really dunno the winrenderer. I've created a ticket for it in the hope other devs with directx knowledge my have a look: http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/13443
The log at least indicates that the recording is heavily damaged as it seems (according to the ffmpeg log messages) but we shouldn't crash on it.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
Thanks WiSo

Yes I noted the ffmpeg errors too, it looks like the signal degraded for about 10 seconds, this can happen on any WMC but as you say it should not crash the XBMC program.

Thanks
Freenas server
2 x Pi 512 (B)
@mysticpete: are you able to provide a very small sample which shows the problem so that we can reproduce the bug on our side?
(2012-10-24, 11:08)WiSo Wrote: @mysticpete: are you able to provide a very small sample which shows the problem so that we can reproduce the bug on our side?

@WiSo: here you go, https://www.dropbox.com/s/d7cjjkt0nn261a...0error.rar does not crash on the latest nightly build I notice...

XBMC 12 Alpha 7 - GIT:20121108-3b7a2ab-master (Online)
Freenas server
2 x Pi 512 (B)
Bump for WiSo
Freenas server
2 x Pi 512 (B)
Used it but didn't report back. I once got a crash with a nightly but somewhere when locking textures. All tests afterwards didn't show any problems so assume its good to go.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CLOSED: Crash Report0